Chapter- 2

One hour later, Karthik heard Khushi mumbling something.
He neared her to listen to what she was saying.
"Tanya no…no…Tanya doesn't….do…" Karthik gulped upon hearing this.

He cups her cheeks," Kuku Baccha, please open your eyes. See Bhai here ,Bachha. See, I am here. Please open your eyes." He pleaded with his sister to open her eyes.

Khushi slowly opened her eyes and looked at her Bhai.
"Bhai…Tanya. Where is she, Bhai? Bhai, she was burning, Bhai. Where is Tanya Bhai?" She asked Bhai. She was still weak, and upon that, she was scared for her

"She is alright, right, Bhai!" Her eyes were showing hope.

Karthik gulped, looking at the hope in her eyes.
"You please don't take stress, Bachha. Now, only you woke up. You are so weak. First drink this water." He held the water glass near her mouth.

But she pushed it away, "No. Please First tell me she is fine. Then only I will drink water or anything. Please tell me she is fine, Bhai. I saw fire everywhere in that room, Bhai. I shouted for her to come out. Please Bhai, I beg you. Please tell me she is fine." She cried.

He hugged and caressed her hair, and looked at his family who were standing outside and watching everything.

"How should we tell this news to her, Akhil? She is already crying so much." Surekha said with tears in her eyes.

"And, Karthik, he can't do it, Akhil. He is already so vulnerable." She added.

Naira looks at Karthik.

"Baccha, please mere liye (for me) eat something. You need to eat something." Karthik again tried to convince her.

Khushi nodded her head as no, "Nahi. Please, I want to see Tanvi. Please take me to her Bhai. And, Why are you not telling me anything about her? What happened to her? "

Karthik sat silent, "Why are you silent, Bhai? What happened? Please tell me."

"You can't see her," Karthik replied.

Khushi looked at him confused, "Huh? Par Kyun?" (But why?)

Karthik gulped heavily, before replying to her, "Because…because…she had died."

Khushi was shocked to hear this.

"She is no more. Her whole body got turned and by the time they rescued her, she was dead." Karthik replied.

Tears started to flow from her eyes.
"This is all because of me only na, Bhai. I wasn't able to stop her from doing this. This is all because of me."

Karthik and others were shocked, "No Bachha. You are not at all at fault for this. You are not the reason for her death."

"How can I not be the reason, Bhai? I could have saved her, But I didn't." She cried and closed her face.

"No Kuku. Don't ever think like that. Whatever happened, it was not because of you. It had happened because it had to happen. Even if I was there in that situation, I wouldn't be able to stop it. So, please stop blaming yourself." He hugged her.

She cried her heart out, in her brother's warmth.

Being tired of crying she slept in his lap.

After some time police team arrived there,
"We want to interrogate Ms.Khushi. How is she now?"

"She is sleeping now. If you don't mind, can you please come later, officer?" Karthik answered coming out of the room.

"Ok, sure." Saying the officers left there.

Chachu came to Karthik, and asked, "What happened, Karthik? Did she tell you anything?"

Sighing he sat on the bench and replied, "Nahi, Chachu. She was crying so much. She didn't say anything. She is guilty of not saving her friend."
He rubbed his face,
"I don't understand how to console her, Chachu."