chapter- 9

The next day, Karthik stood near the window, looking at the Sunrise. He then saw his sister, woke up from her sleep, and rubbed her eyes.

"Good morning, Baccha. Go and freshen up. You also need to get ready for school. I will go and prepare breakfast for us."  He said, sitting beside her.

Hearing him, her face fell.

"What happened?" He asked, lifting her chin.

"I don't want to go to that school, where murders have the right to roam freely!" Khushi replied angrily.

"But…"

"No buts and Ifs. I am not going there again; that's it. And anyway, it is already preparation time. My friends are also going to do home preparation only. So, I will also follow that." She said,

"Ok then, your wish. Waise, bhi, I was also thinking about the same. Good, you don't want to go there. Today itself, I will talk to the principal. Now you go and freshen up. I am going to prepare breakfast." He said, helping her to get down from the bed.

After having breakfast,
Khushi and Karthik both went to their room.

Khushi started to prepare for her exams while Karthik started working.
But they weren't able to concentrate on their respective work.

Karthik pulled his hair in frustration, "Ahh! Don't know how much more we have to face because of them?"

"Bhaiyu, Luv, and Khush texted me, saying they also didn't go to school. They said, ''Chachu is going to join them in a new school." Khushi said coming into the room.

Karthik just nodded his head. Khushi sat beside him and lay down in his sleep.
"Didn't sleep last night?" He asked while caressing her hair.

"Nope. And I also know you also didn't sleep." She said, Karthik raised his eyebrows.
"Accha! How do you know?"

"I know it because Naira Bhabi is very sad, and she also won't be sleeping, then how you will get sleep." She said, looking at him.

"Hmm…true. We can't even breathe if the person we love is in pain, and we will be more troubled, especially then, when the reason is unfortunately your so-called family." Karthik said, gritting his teeth.

He then looks at Khushi and continues," We are trying to remove them from our lives permanently, but these people always do something that causes trouble to both of us. I feel like they can't see us living a peaceful and happy life. Neither they can live that life, nor let us do it."

"Devi Maiya, please free us from all these problems." Khushi prayed.

Two days later,
They both heard a knock on the door.
Duo looked at each other and frowned
"Who could be at this time?" Khushi asked with a slight frown on her forehead.

"Who knows, let us go and check!" Saying Karthik went and opened the door.

They were shocked to see Naira along with her father standing there.

"Won't you welcome us, Karthik?" Naira asked with a little smile on her face.

Karthik came out of his thoughts and welcomed them.

Naira and Naitik sat on the sofa, while Karthik and Khushi stood in front of them.

They both were standing bowing their heads down.

"Why are you both standing like that? You both can sit." Naitik said, looking at them.

Karthik and Khushi looked at each other and sat with them.

They both were standing bowing their heads down.

"Why are you both standing like that? You both can sit." Naitik said, looking at them.

Karthik and Khushi looked at each other and sat with them.

"Why didn't you come to meet me? You know, I was waiting for you." Naira said to Karthik.

He looked at her and gulped.

"Don't tell me that you are guilty because of whatever happened?" She asked, looking into his eyes.

He tried to avert his eyes.

She held his hands, and said "You do know right, nothing happened because of you."

"And the one who did that was already behind the bars, that also because of you only beta." Naitik continued.

"I know that, Sir. But still, I feel guilty as this was done by my family. But I can promise you one thing for sure, Sir, and that is no one can bail out Shubham, if anyone tries also, they can't bring him out. I will take care of it." Karthik promised to both Naira and Her father.

Naitik patted his shoulders, "I know it, Beta."
"But you also need to understand that nothing is your fault. Whatever is that ought to happen, and it is a game of destiny."

"And there is no fault of yours and your sister's in it." Naira continued holding his hand.

Karthik and Khushi smiled.

After some days,
Khushi was roaming and playing in the hall on hoverboard gifted by her brother.
While Karthik was preparing breakfast for them.

They heard the knock on their door, Khushi goes and opens the door and gasps seeing the person standing at their door.

Karthik also came there and gritted his teeth seeing Mrs. Goenka standing there.

"What the hell are you doing here?" He asked her sternly.

"Don't tell me, you are here to ask me for getting your son out on bail, which is not at all going to happen in this life." He said.

Swarna looked at him and said, "Please don't say that how much ever you deny the fact is he is also your brother. Please save him."

"Sorry, Mrs. Goenka, Neither I am going to accept him as my brother, nor I am going to take my complaint back. You can leave." He showed her outside.

Swarna went away from there, wiping her tears.

'I should do something about this.' He thought and called his Chachu.

After discussing with his Chachu, he cut the call and looked at his sister, who was scribbling something in her diary.

He smiled lightly looking at her.

Next day morning-
Chachu knocked on Karthik's door, hurriedly.
Karthik opened the door and welcomed Akhil.

"What happened, Chachu? Is everything alright? You look worried!" He asked while giving water.

" Surekha heard from her friends that Manish Goenkas is meeting the Minister today to talk about bail," Chachu said after gulping the water.

"And you are worried about it, Chachu. Don't worry, I have taken care of everything." Karthik replied coolly.

Akhil looked at him confused," Means?"

"Means, Like I said yesterday night, I have planned everything. I have contacted every official from every department and taken care of everything. No one will help,Mr. Goenka. And ,Shubham will rot behind those bars."  He answered, crossing his legs.

"What about this Minister, to whom he is going to meet!" Chachu asked frowning

Karthik sighed and replied, "He might have got the appointment, But Minister won't meet him."