Chapter- 12

After hearing his Chacha he rushed towards his house.

And within 10 mins he is now standing in front of the door along with Akhilesh.

They for once broke the door, and stepped into the hall. There they found broken glasses on the floor, Both followed the sound and their faces paled seeing their Khushi in pain.

Karthik saw Khushi was about to fall, he ran to her and held her in his arms before she touched the ground.

He brought her to her room and tucked her on the bed. while Akhilesh called their family doctor.

After some time, the doctor came there and checked Khushi, prescribed medication and left.

The next morning, Khushi groaned in pain, and the next minute itself, Karthik was beside her.

She opened her eyes and looked at her brother, who was looking at her expectingly.

"Whenever Chachi says you are a copy of me, I used to wonder. But last night, I realized she was right. You are junior K.G" Karthik said while folding her blanket and helping her to walk to the washroom.

"Go and freshen up. I will be here." He came back and kept her medicines and breakfast ready.

****

Karthik is feeding Khushi, and she is still in angry bird mode.
"At least now remove that angry face, bacha. You know, yesterday when I got to know that you weren't able to get a seat in this Imperial at first I too got angry, just like you. But later I realized, maybe this college is not worthy for my rockstar. Do you really think the administration, who dared to permit criminals in their college, is worthy of you and your anger? Neither that college nor the people matter to us. What matters to me most is you. Alright, you want to do your degree in Music, you will do it and in the best university than Imperial. I promise you." He kissed his sister's forehead.

Wiping her mouth he continued," Now come out this angry bird mode. So we both search for the best university for you." Khushi nodded her head happily and they both went to work on it.

****

ring...ring...ring...

"What do you want now,Mr. Amar?" Karthik was annoyed with his manager's constant calls.

"Sir, Mr. Manish Goenka here is asking about." Amar said over the phone.

Karthik smirked and replied,"Tell him, I am on leave for a week and also warn him to never disturb us again."

He cut the call and looked at Khushi, whose eye brows were furrowed with confusion.

"1 week off?"
"A small lie to keep Mr. Daddy Goenka away from our lives."

"Bhaiyu, just an advice, You shouldn't lie in front of small kids."

Karthik,"Kids, where are they? I couldn't see one here." Karthik said, looking here and there.

"Why are you looking around, when she is sitting here in front of you." Khushi replied pointing to herself.

Karthik folded his hands and raised his eyebrows,looking at her.
"Oh you! I agree, you are a kid, but a very naughty one."

***

“So that’s it then, you decided to leave me and go to the U.S. All alone.” Karthik asked his little sister, who wants to do her degree in the U.S.

Khushi sighed, she knows her Bhaiyu is not much happy with her decision.

“Bhaiyu, I know you are not happy with it. But I want to do this. And Who said I am going alone, Chachi,Chachu, Luv,Kush, Arnav and you are also sending Aman then why I will be alone.” Khushi tried to make her brother understand.

“That’s the only relief.” Karthik pouted his lips.

“And I am sure if Bhabi sees your pouty lips now, She wants to kiss them.” He chuckled seeing his rockstar trying to lighten up his mood.

***

After a week, it was time for Khushi along with her Chachi, Chachu and her friends to fly to America. All are in the airport to bid them good-bye. The Singhania family is also there. Except for Karthik and Khushi. As they are coming in another car.

On the way to the airport Karthik is repeatedly cautioning about her do’s and don'ts and Khushi was rolling her eyes.

Soon they reached the airport, walked to their family.
While walking,”Don’t forget to call me everyday. Take care of your health and if you face any problem either in college or anywhere just call me. I will take care of it.”

“Offo Bhaiyu, Don’t worry at all. Chachu and Chachi are there and nothing will happen to me. You just take a chill pill.” Saying she hugs her Bhaiyu. He hugs her back and caresses her hair kissing her forehead.
“I will be worried, because this is the first time you are going far away from me.”

Chachi and Chachu have tears in their eyes.
They wiped their tears and asked Khushi,” Did you pack all the needed things beta?”

“That you should be asking,Bhaiyu, Chachu. Because he is the one who did everything.” She looked at Karthik.

“I have kept everything. But after reaching there if you feel like forgetting anything, then just let me know.”
Just then they heard the call of their flight.

Khushi took blessings from Naitik and Akshara, hugged her soon to be Bhabi and then her besties.

“We are going to miss you babes.” They squeezed her and cried.

“I will miss you too.”

She then hugged her Bhaiyu again and went with her Chachi and Chachu.

Seeing Karthik’s eyes getting misted, Naira hugs him and consoles him.

***

The next morning, Karthik gets a call from Aman, he says that they reached the U.S. early morning.

He then asks him to call him when Khushi wakes up from her sleep.

After cutting the call, he gets ready for his office.

In the office, He calls Amar, “Arrange the meeting room.”

Back in the U.S. Khushi wakes up from her sleep and calls her brother, but it goes to voicemail as he was in the meeting. 

“Bhaiyu, call me back, when your meeting gets over.”
She cuts the call and goes to get ready for the day.

Do like, comment, and share ♥️