Chapter- 3

Karthik was shocked to see Khushi there. And he got worried thinking, His Bachha might have heard whatever he told before.

While Mr. Goenka smiled lightly looking, at Khushi.

"Bhai, what are you doing here? And who is he?" She asked, pointing to Mr. Goenka.

'Thank God! She didn't listen to our talks.' Karthik thought in his mind.

He then looked back at Mr. Goenka and replied," He is no one Bachha. Just an Unwanted guest."

The smile faded away from Mr. Goenka's face.

"Come let us go. Where were you, Till now?" Karthik questioned her while going back to their home.

Khushi sighed, "Ohh, I was in the playground. Playing basketball."

"Basketball, now? Exams are coming and you are playing games. That's very bad." Karthik exclaimed.

"Now what should I say bro, Our college is going to conduct a sports day in the next two weeks. For that, I have been selected." Khushi said.

"Accha." He opened the door of their room and both entered.

"But don't neglect your studies because of these games, okay?" He said bringing the snacks.

Khushi nodded her head and went to her room.

'Tomorrow I have to talk with Naira about my Family.' Karthik thought.

♠︎♠︎♠︎

In Singhania Sadan-

Naira was sitting in her room and talking with Gayu.
"I am very much sure, Gayu Di. Karthik is having some issues with his family. I just don't want to push him to know more about it. He will tell us, whenever he is comfortable." Naira said.

Gayu smiled at her, "You are right. Don't worry about Bua Dadi. Mami will make her understand."

"I don't care about others, Di. I just don't want Karthik to get hurt because of their words." Naira replied.

The very next day, Karthik calls Naira to the nearby park.

She saw Karthik sitting on a bench, And thinking something very deeply.
She went and sat beside him, and held his hand.
"How is your sister?"

Karthik smiled at her, "She is fine. Naira, I called you here, so that I can tell you about my Family."
She looked at him, "Karthik, there is no compulsion. You can tell me whenever you want to."

"I want to clear all this now only. You might be wondering na, first, I said, I was an orphan, and the very next day My Chachi and Chachu came. And next my Sister." He continued.

"Forgot about all these. I just want you to hear whatever I am going to say Now."

"Did you hear about, Mr. Manish Goenka?" He asked her.

Naira, "Haan, after your Chachu and Chachi left that day, Choti Dadi said about him. Is he your father?" She asked

"Unfortunately. Khushi And I were born to him. Our mother's name is Saumya." He smiled remembering his mother.

Naira caught it.

"You know she was the sweetest woman in our life. We were a happy family with Me, Papa, and Maa. When I was 13 years old, My mother gave us the good news that I was getting a sibling. That day was the happiest of my life. And you know what more amazing thing was, My Kuku was born just before my birthday. My happiness had no bounds then, everything was going smoothly, but after some days my Dad started to behave harshly with my mother. Our house used to be filled with their fighting, and that was only because of My Dad's new P. A Ms. Swarna Gupta." He uttered with hatred in his eyes.