Sibling Bonding

"I'm telling you Elizabeth! He's crazy!"

"Willow Wilhelmina Williams! My brother is not crazy!" Elizabeth screamed slamming her hands on the dining room table. "I thought you came here for something important, to reconcile friendship!"

"This is important Elizabeth!" Willow yelled. "Like I said! He's gone nuts! He talks to himself thinking it's Michael!"

"I've got no idea what nonsense your spitting out but my brother has not gone nuts!"

"Elizabeth?" Evan yells from outside the front door.

"Coming Evan!" Elizabeth replies, "he's here, he'll tell you."
Elizabeth opens the door.

"Oh..." Evan stands in surprise. "Will, hi?"
Will was a nickname they used to call Willow, well they used to call her 'William Williams' as a kind of joke to poke fun at the alliteration in her name.

Evan barely ever enjoyed Will's company, she was sort of obsessed with him in a way, it scared him.

"What are you doing here? I thought you moved to avoid your brother?" Evan asked, Fredrick was Will's older brother, she always hated him for seemingly no reason. Even Evan didn't hate him as much as Will did.

"I did, but I came back to visit my mom, and I saw someone talking to them self in the store." Will glared at Evan.

"What-?" Evan gave Will a blank stare.

"She thinks your crazy Ev." Elizabeth mentioned.

"He is crazy! He thinks he can talk to Michael!" She turned to face Elizabeth.

"How did you-?" Evan whispered to himself.

"Ev, your not crazy, tell her that." Elizabeth sounded more confused and desperate than annoyed.

Evan stared, he blanked out, should he tell her the truth or should he continue to keep this weird experience of his secret? Like always, Evan had no idea.

"Uhm, Elizabeth, could I talk to you alone?" Evan decided, though he was still questioning he wanted to tell her, Michael was her brother too.

"Oh, yea..." Elizabeth walked toward the front door. "Will, we should catch up another time, when you aren't trying to convince me my brother is crazy."

"Okay?" Willow walked out the front door before Elizabeth swiftly shut it.

"Okay, what do you want to say." She leaned on the table with one hand, the other on her hip.

"Elizabeth this might me hard to believe but..."

"Your gay? I already knew that." Elizabeth interrupts.

"Wha- NO, that's not what I was gonna say, how did you even come up with that?"

"Doesn't matter, now what we're you actually going to say?"

"Listen Elizabeth, I have actually being seeing Michael, it's rather unusual, someone at the hospital could see him too, and he-"

"Wait, stop, stop, stop, Your telling me." Elizabeth stares, "that you have been seeing our brother, who has been dead for 20 years, and you didn't tell me?"

"Well, when you put it like that it sounds bad."

"Sounds... sounds bad?! No Evan! This is amazing, you can talk to Michael again!" Elizabeth cheers.

"Yea, he hasn't changed one bit." Evan laughs.

"I'm sure, haha, so? Is here?" Elizabeth asks.

"No, I left him at home, he can't go out in the rain and it's a fair bit of walking out in the rain to get to your house."

"Ah, I see, so he is a ghost?" Elizabeth guesses.

"Mhm."

"Soooo... can I talk to him?" Elizabeth asks.

"I mean sure if you want to come over." Evan offers.

"Of course! Let me just get Anne."

The car ride back to Evan's was cheerful, the air full of the excitement Elizabeth was feeling she was finally able to talk to her brother again, though she couldn't remember much about him, only significant memories since she was really young when he passed.

"Michael! I'm home!" Evan yelled, Elizabeth stood behind him cradling Anne.

"Evan! Hi!" Michael flew in front of Evan, hiding his hand behind his back. "Oh, Elizabeth is here?"

"She is here! She wants to talk to you." Evan explained inviting Elizabeth to sit on the couch.

"You told her? I thought you didn't want to tell people because they wouldn't believe you?" Michael asked.

"Well yes, but this was an odd situation."

"Is he talking to you? What is he saying?" Elizabeth grew more exited every word Evan said.

"Oh he was just asking why you were here." Evan translates.

Michael flies past Evan attempting to give Elizabeth a hug.

"Oh! That's a little cold" Elizabeth said startled.

"He just tried to give you a hug"

Elizabeth Awed.

The three spoke for a while, Evan translating what Michael was saying so that Elizabeth could know what he said. They decided to play old board games, Evan's favourite, Monopoly first, then Elizabeth's, charades, then Michael's, Rummikub.  As always they each one their favourite games, that was why they were their favourite. Though it was complicated since Elizabeth couldn't see Michael but they managed to have fun, and that was all that mattered.

The three felt like it was 1983 again, like they were running around the house, ruining their mother's cleaning while Michael chased them. It was amazing, neither Evan or Elizabeth had felt like this since Michael died.

Evan and Elizabeth saw Michael's chaotic smile again and never wanted it to go away, not ever again.
But...

.- .-.. .-.. / --. --- --- -.. / - .... .. -. --. ... / -- ..- ... - / -.-. --- -- . / - --- / .- -. / . -. -.. / .-. .. --. .... - ..--.. / --- ..-. / -.-. --- ..- .-. ... . / .. --..-- / - .... . / .- ..- - .... --- .-. --..-- / - .... . / --. --- -.. / --- ..-. / - .... .. ... / ..- -. .. ...- . .-. ... . / .-- --- ..- .-.. -.. -. .-..-. - / .-- .- -. - / .. - / - --- / . -. -.. / .... .- .--. .--. .. .-.. -.-- ..--.. / - .... . / .-- --- .-. .-.. -.. / .. .-..-. ...- . / -.-. .-. .- ..-. - . -.. / .- -. -.. / ..-. --- .-. -- . -.. / .-- .. - .... / -- -.-- / --- .-- -. / - .-- --- / .... .- -. -.. ... --..-- / . -. -.. / .... .- .--. .--. .. .-.. -.-- ..--.. / -. . ...- . .-. .-.-.- / . ...- .- -. --..-- / . .-.. .. --.. .- -... . - .... --..-- / -- .. -.-. .... .- . .-.. ..--.. / ... .. -- .--. .-.. -.-- / .--. ..- .--. .--. . - ... / --- -. / .- / ... - .-. .. -. --. --..-- / - .... . .. .-. / .-.. .. ...- . ... / .. -. / -- -.-- / .... .- -. -.. ... --..-- / --- -. . / -.-. .... --- .--. / --- ..-. / ... -.-. .. ... ... --- .-. ... / .- -. -.. / .. - / .-- .. .-.. .-.. / .- .-.. .-.. / -.-. --- -- . / -.-. .-. .- ... .... .. -. --. / -.. --- .-- -. .-.-.-