Chapter 1

Freya didn't know what to think when Annabeth showed up to camp with a broken chariot, three soaked teenagers, and still no Percy. Most of the campers were all on shore already, surrounding the daughter of Athena and the other three new demigods. She ran towards them, pushing through the crowd to see what all the commotion was about. Her heart climbed her throat, hoping desperately that finally they had some good news. When she got there however, the results didn't appease her. She fixed Annabeth with a questioning look. Where's Percy?

Freya stepped forward, and the campers made way. "No sign of him then?" She asked, her voice not loud but resonating.

Annabeth glared at the skies briefly before looking back down at her. "Hera set me up. I can't believe I fell for it. She'd rather smite herself then actually help me." 

The campers around them looked around worriedly. Freya supposed it was both because Percy was still missing and because Annabeth had once again insulted the queen of Olympus.

She put a hand on Annabeth's shoulder, and the blonde smiled. Freya could tell she was tired and worried just by the weary look on her face. After all they'd been through last summer, after all the hits and fights they'd survived, things were starting to go right again. But then Percy disappeared, and all of a sudden everything was going wrong again. 

"Annabeth!" Will bust through the crowd, a bow slung at his side and his hair swept like the wind. He took in the mess and frowned. "I said you could borrow the chariot, not destroy it!"

"Will, I'm sorry," Annabeth sighed. "I'll get it fixed, I promise."

Will scowled at his broken chariot, then seemed to notice the other three demigods on the beach. Freya hadn't really looked at them till then either. The one who seemed to be the oldest, was a guy about fifteen or sixteen. His hair was blonde and closely cropped to his head, and his eyes were a startling blue, like Thunder. Freya vaguely thought they reminded her of Thalia's eyes. He sported a roguishly handsome face, and a muscled physique.

The same could not be said about the second boy. He was scrawny and about a head shorter then the blond boy. His hair fell in curly pasta waves, and his skin was the colour of caramel, indicating his Latino ethnicity. The curves of his ears reminded Freya of an elf as well as one of the campers from Hermes.

The third girl was beautiful. Freya thought it, and she was sure everyone around them did too. However, it was clear she tried to hide it with every opportunity she got. Her brown hair was chopped at uneven levels messily, and her clothes were baggy and boyish. Her skin resembled polished copper, and her eyes never seemed to stay the same colour, switching from brown to green to pink.

"These are the ones?" Asked Will, "Way older than thirteen. Why haven't they been claimed already?"

"Claimed?" Asked the short elf guy.

Before she could answer, Drew stepped forward. Today, her dark hair was styled in ringlets, and she wore a face full of makeup, accentuating her Asian features. Freya didn't like her much, but she marveled at how she managed to make jeans and t-shirts look fancy while she lived in a camp full of teenage soldiers.

"Well," Drew said, "I hope they're worth the trouble."

Freya rolled her eyes. 

The elf guy snorted. "Gee, thanks. What are we, your new pets?"

"No kidding," Said the blonde guy. "How about some answers before you start judging us—like, what is this place, why are we here, how long do we have to stay?"

Freya looked at the blonde guy, and a bad feeling brewed in her gut. "Long enough. If you want to be safe, that is." 

"Jason," Annabeth interrupted, "I promise we'll answer your questions. And Drew"—she frowned at her in a displeased manner—"all demigods are worth saving. But I'll admit, the trip didn't accomplish what I hoped."