Chapter 12

"Of course they're unconscious!" Piper yelled while looking down at Jason and Freya. "Did you see how much power they expelled up there??"

Freya felt something hot trickle down her throat, and groaned. She felt Jason do the same next to her. Slowly, she felt her vision come back, and the blobs of colour standing above her, slowly formed into Leo and Piper. They're expressions were mixture of confused and amazed.

Leo looked somewhere to her right. "Yeah he's got a nice thick skull. He'll be fine."

She felt someone lift her, and then her vision went black again.

~~~~~

The next time she woke up, they were in the air. She gasped and sat up, knocking straight into Piper.

"Woah, easy." Said the girl with a small smile. Freya looked at her in confusion, then noted that they were no longer in the warehouse. She looked behind her at Jason, who looked only a little less confused then her.

"Weren't we in Detroit, like, two seconds ago." Freya groaned.

"Its okay," Said Leo. "We got away."

Jason sounded just as stunned as she felt. "But the cyclops- how did you?-"

"What cyclops??" Interrupted Freya.

"Leo ripped them apart," Piper said. "He was amazing. He can summon fire—"

"It was nothing," Leo said quickly.

Piper laughed. "Shut up, Valdez. I'm going to tell them. Get over it. "

And she did—how Leo single-handedly defeated the Cyclopes family; how they freed Jason and her, then noticed the Cyclopes starting to re-form; how Leo had replaced the dragon's wiring and gotten them back in the air just as they'd started to hear the Cyclopes roaring for vengeance inside the factory. Freya couldn't help but be impressed. Taking out three Cyclopes with nothing but a tool kit? Tiny definitely came through. But she couldn't help feeling bad. If it weren't for Leo and Piper, they'd be cyclops dinner. And what had she done? Summoned a little ball of water, and then immediately passed out for the whole battle. What an experienced war leader she was.

Jason nudged the back of her head with his nose. She turned around and looked at him. She saw the same guilt she was feeling plastered across his face. He mouthed, you okay? You were out even more then me.

Fine, she answered. He didn't look convinced, but said nothing else.

"Okay, enough talking about me." Said Leo. "Are we just not gonna mention how you guys literally saved our lives too?"

"Yeah, that trick with the water was fucking amazing. I didn't know you could do that, Freya." Said Piper, hard admiration lacing her words.

"Neither did I, honestly. " Freya answered quietly, which was a first for her.

"Also, I don't know how you managed to carry all four of us." Marveled Leo to Jason. "They weren't kidding when they said Big Three kids are powerful."

Freya knew that was supposed to be a compliment. But in her state, she couldn't even bring herself to take it as one. Jason apparently couldn't either.

"Yeah, I carried all four of you and then dropped you out of the sky. Then passed out. If it weren't for Freya-"

"Well, I mean you didn't drop all of us," Said Leo, his voice full of mirth.

"What do you mean?" Responded Jason, his tone puzzled.

"From what I remember, you were still holding Freya like your life depended on it-"