Chapter 6

"Wake up." Said voice. A harsh, commanding ancient voice. 

Freya's eyes snapped open. The blinding light of the sun hit her, and the first thing she saw was the greenish tips of grass above her. Which must of meant she was laying down somewhere. But that wasn't right. She was supposed to be at camp half-blood in the empty Poseidon cabin, getting probably the last goodnight's sleep before the quest started. 

She bolted upward and on to her feet. 

She was indeed in a field, but instead of it lumbering with usual things you'd see in fields, it was full of peacocks. Big, healthy and colorful peacocks. The sun was about to kiss the horizon line, which must of meant that it was roughly afternoon. The golden shower of light spilling around her indicated the same. As for the voice who had spoken...

Freya turned around. "Hera." 

"Well, don't sound so disappointed to see me, child." She was wearing her usual attire; Her golden laurel wreath to indicate her queen status, the flowing white dress, and the billowing cloak made of peacock feathers. 

Freya's first feeling was anger. She had brought a roman to their camp, an innocent one, and wiped his memory. She had made said amnesiac go on a quest along with her and another two freshly new and unexperienced demigods. She had risen Freya's and Annabeth's hopes when Hera sent the blonde to the grand canyon to get Jason believing it was Percy. All part of her plan. They were all part of her plan somehow. Freya just didn't know how. The first thing she wanted to do was yell, and the second was to bombard her with questions. But then remembered that nothing good ever came from angering gods. And as much as she hated relying on them, Percy's life was on the line-in the worst case- and Hera was her best shot at finding out how to save him. 

"Do you know where Percy is? If you know, please tell me. You have to tell me." She said, barely containing her eagerness and despair to know. She hated begging immortals. 

Hera clicked her tongue, as if it was a daily trouble to haunt demigods dreams and then have them be worried about their missing brothers. "Your brother is the least of your concerns. What you have to do, is to help Jason save me. They need someone to guide them that has the experience. If you four fail, everything will fall before it has even started." 

Freya's voice turned from pleading to demanding in a matter of seconds. "I'll go on the quest. I'll save you and everything. But tell me. Tell me where he is." 

"Listen to me, girl. This type of meddling is what will doom you. Stop sniffing around and looking for clues that will get you killed. Your brother is alive and well. But now..."  Her gaze hardened. And Hera looked her straight in the eye. As much as she hated it, a shiver went down her spine at the stone-cold look.

"You tell no one of Jason." 

Finally she understood why Hera had come to see her. This was not about reminding her to lead the quest with Jason or to tell her that she needed saving. No. This was a breezy warning. Or a threat. 

Freya crossed her arms. "Why did you bring a Roman in a camp full of Greek demigods. Matter of fact, how is it even possible?" 

"The details are not imperative. What is important is that on one else knows a word of this. Do you understand me? If the other's find out, your chances of success become even scarcer. They will push him out of the camp. I will admit, not considering you was sloppy planning on my part. But, in such hasty times it was all I could do." Hera said. 

Freya blinked at her. 

"What do you mean?"

Hera whirled on her so fast she almost fell on her ass.