Chapter 35

As soon as they had started flying, Piper and Percy helped her take Jason below. Her brother had asked her about three times if she was alright, and Piper was just fussing over all for both of them. They laid Jason down in one of the beds, and Freya fed him small cubes of ambrosia so that his wounds could heal faster.  

She winced when she leaned over to give Jason another cube, and Percy's eyes immediately snapped to her. "Alright, I think you need to lay down as well. I don't want you fainting as well." 

"Here," Said Piper offering her another cube of ambrosia.

 Freya took it gratefully and looked at her brother. "I'm fine, honestly." 

"That cut on your shoulder says otherwise." He leaned down and gently lifted her sleeve. Freya had to bite down on her lip not to gasp when the material of her shirt brushed the wound. Percy's paled when he saw it, and even Freya's eyes widened. It was much bigger then she remembered, and much more full of blood. It was practically gushing. 

"That's going to need stitching," Said Piper, looking disgruntled. "And I don't know how to that." 

Percy shook his head. "If I do it I'll probably stich up the wrong wound." 

"You're right," Agreed Freya. 

Percy smiled weakly, then called, "Annabeth, we need you" 

There was a beat of silence, and then the stairs started creaking as Annabeth walked down. She came into the room looking like she'd seen a ghost. 

"What happened?" She asked them. 

"What's wrong?" Answered Percy, reading her troubled face. 

Annabeth shook her head. "Later. What do you need me for?" 

"Do you know how to stich?" Asked Freya pointing to her arm. 

Annabeth winced when she saw the wound. She came and took Percy's place, kneeling down beside her. "Shit, that's a lot of blood." 

"So everyone keeps saying," 

Annabeth got up. "Alright, I'm going to go and get what I need." 

She came back five minutes later, holding thread, a needle, and sterilizer. She kneeled back down next to Freya, and started wiping the thread and needle with the acidic liquid. Freya held her breath, heart pounding. Annabeth looped the thread through the needle and held it up. 

"Ok, I'm ready." She said. She looked at Freya sympathetically. "This is going to hurt. A lot." 

"I know," Freya took a breath. "Do it," 

Percy sat down beside Freya and grabbed her hand. As soon as the needle went in she let out a whimper of pain that turned into a stifled scream as Annabeth continued. She felt the sharp point of the needle pulling her skin tissue back together and the scratchiness of the thread as if embedded in her skin. Her head was burried in Percy's shoulder as he stroked her hair over and over again in an attempt to comfort her. After Annabeth was done stitching, she disinfected the wound, washed it, and then bandaged it. By the time she was done, Freya's face was wet with tears and her throat dry from crying. 

Annabeth got up shakily, looking close to crying herself. Piper looked horror struck next to Jason's bed. Freya figured she'd never witnessed something so gruesome in real life. She looked at Annabeth. 

"Thank you," Her voice was rough and scratchy. She wiped the tears off her face. Her arm hurt a lot less now, even though she'd endured a lot of pain to make it feel that way. 

"No worries," Annabeth said softly. She turned to look at Percy. "We should head up now. I don't know how much I trust Frank with Leo." 

Percy nodded, looking angry even at the mention of Leo.