43. "Back in his arms."

Chapter Forty Three

Elena's POV

My heart fluttered wildly the moment I saw Adonis at Sweetdreamer café, sitting on a padded chair, sipping his cup of coffee.

I stopped and observed him for a moment.

Stay calm, Elena. I told myself. But I could not help but check his handsome chiseled face and gorgeous body.

Oh, my God. Just seeing him made me feel so hot all over. He always had this effect on me. How I miss him so damn much.

Now, we're back in each other's arms.

I was holding my tears when he said he loved me. I had been waiting for him to confess his feelings for me, that it made me so frustrated. The fact that he gave me a divorce, worsen my ill feelings. I became paranoid, coming up with unreasonable reasonings that he just wanted out of our marriage.

We were in the couch of Sweet Dreamer Café, kissing and hugging each other. We could not get enough of each other.

"Let's get out of her and go to the penthouse," he kissed my neck, running his tongue behind her ear.

Oh God, he really knew how to make me feel so turn on.

"I have a meeting in an hour. I have to go back to the office," I said.

He looked so dismayed, "can't you just ask that wicked assistant of yours, Sheila, to do it for you?"

"I can't," I laughed, and moved to face him, "I have an important thing to say to you."

"What it is?"

I smiled, and held his hand.

"I'm pregnant."

Adonis' POV

I was stunned after hearing what she said.

My eyes grew so big and my jaw drop.

"You're pregnant?" I looked at her tummy, but her pregnancy was not showing yet.

There was a sudden rush of energy within me. I got overwhelmed with mixed emotions. I wanted to shout with joy and jumped with excitement. But tears fell on my cheeks.

We hugged each other, until our intense emotion subsided a little.

"Oh God, I can't believe it. I'm going to be a father."

"Yes, you are," she chuckled.

"And you're going to be a mom!" I still thought I was dreaming, "our baby is the most wonderful blessing to us. I love you so much, Elena."

"I love you more, Adonis."

We hugged and kissed again, savoring the moment of being together again.

"By the way, when did you realize that you love me?" she asked, her eyebrows raising.

"Ah—you really want to know?"

"Of course. I've been waiting for you to tell me, that it made me so frustrated."

I held her face, looking at her eyes, "from the moment I saw you sitting there in our living room. I was observing you for a few minutes, before I came up and introduced myself. You look like an angel, so beautiful. I thought, I was so lucky."

"Seriously?"

"It's true. It was love at first sight, but I refused to acknowledge it first," I shrugged, "and when I got to know you better, damn... I fell so hard on you."

"And you never told me, and gave me a divorce!"

"Shh... honey. You know the reason. Should I tell you again?"

She shook her head, "no, of course not," then I gathered her in my arms again, "and she told me she fell in love with me when we were in Singapore."

We talked, catching up about what was happening in our lives. Without inhibitions anymore, we let our conversation flow smoothly like butter. Sliding to topics that we both hesitated to discuss before. We were open and honest with each other, telling the truth of our past mistakes.

We understood each other better now. We explained our shortcomings and asked for forgiveness. We were ready for a fresh start.

"So, when are we getting married?" I asked her.

"Not so fast, Mr. Stavrakos. You have to do it right."

--

During the evening, we had dinner at Adonis' parents.

"I'm so happy that you're back together again," Mom greeted Elena with a hug.

"We love each other so much, nothing can separate us anymore." I said proudly, as I took Elena's hand and lead her to the living room.

"You're just like me son. I can't live a day without your mom by my side," Dad chuckled.

"We have something to tell you." I started, and looked at Elena. She smiled, then said our surprise.

"I'm pregnant."

"Oh God!" Mom uttered with overjoy, so did Dad. They hugged us, as we all celebrate the happiness of welcoming our little bundle of joy soon.