Chapter 7 - The Madness Within The Bottomless Pit

Gan Vol's POV:

Somewhere in the Zakref, far away from the Earth...

In the world of Ciasnora...

It is a world where your worth is determined by the prowess you possess. Be it magic power or physical abilities, even the Kings will bow down to you as long as you can stand on the top.

The people have no need to struggle since the system takes care of all their needs. They only live to better serve society's greater good; that is what the leaders preach, at the least.

However, some other beings exist; they do not believe this way of thinking should be upheld. They seek ways to defy the status quo and carve out a life of their own choosing through whatever means necessary.

For them, there are no boundaries by which one must abide—no limits set for those who wish to rise above others. And if such individuals find themselves cornered by these rules, then so be it: break free from them by force.

Monsters, bandits, demons, angels, and heroes. They are the ones on the top of the food chain. Each has its own reason why they strive for supremacy over everyone else.

Some fight against each other while some work together to achieve their goals, but everyone has something that drives them forward. It could be money, power, knowledge, revenge... The list lasts forever, depending on how far someone wishes to go.

The power of ordinary people, such as adventurers, is not enough to equally stand foot with those beings. This makes them nothing but prey to those abominations.

Nevertheless, suppose an adventurer has exceptional talent in battle or possesses great magical might. In that case, they could quickly become a threat to any being, regardless of their nature as a human.

There are also other living beings in the corners of the world that do not care about the struggle between those two opposing forces. They simply want to watch or exist without interference, while others take advantage of both sides' struggles. In short, they thrive off chaos and strife.

But whether they fight or work together against outsiders like humans, they still keep their own standing. They are called Gods and Sages.

They are the beings who reached the realm of supremacy concerning individual prowess. They contain so much power that cannot be compared and far surpasses those of lower-class beings.

They rule over entire worlds and hold great authority among mortals. Their might makes them feared by many but respected nonetheless.

Gods are immortal entities whose existence surpasses time itself. Their strength is beyond comprehension; most mortals would never dream of ever challenging a God unless they possessed incredible powers.

But when someone does manage to defeat an opponent strong enough to challenge a god, he gains great respect among his peers. He may earn the title of Sage, who has mastered many skills and gained vast knowledge over years of experience.

However, sages rarely go head-to-head with gods because doing so would risk losing everything, including their lives.

Such titles carry much weight within the realm of the gods and sages. They are treated as deities because of how powerful they were able to become despite being mortal.

What does it mean to become a God or Sage?

It depends on how powerful each individual becomes. If one wishes to prove himself worthy, he might have to kill another being more substantial than him to gain more power.