Chapter 8 - The Existing Supreme Realism After The Forgotten Extreme Escapism

Izeno's Zelvis' POV:

Ah...?

Hmm...? Where am I? Why is it too dark...? Oi... What is the meaning of this? I can't seem to open my eyes!!

Wait... I don't feel like... me. My thoughts are coming slower than usual.

My mind feels heavy, and a light throbbing pulsates beneath it. For some reason, I seem unable to move correctly; it seems as though all parts of my body have grown numb...

Ah~ ^_^

I see... am I experiencing sleep paralysis again...? Did I perhaps fall asleep while browsing my phone on the bed? Ugh... my memories are so hazy, and my thoughts are not in order.

It feels like this is one of those nightmares where I can't move anything but my eyes. The worst part about this is that I'm fully aware of what's happening to my mind, which makes it even worse...

It's hard to focus my mind like this. My thoughts are slowly beginning to feel like a flowing torrent of light at hundreds of millions of meters per second in my mind...

The only thing that is clear now is that I'm in a somewhat remotely unknown space with no gravity or light...

Oi, wait, hold up! What's with this sudden and straightaway transition happening to my mind? Am I being enlightened...? What's with this information flowing to me?

"..."

Oi...

What's this feeling...? A deja vu? This scene perfectly feels like it happened many times already... ugh, this over-pleasant experience is destroying my sanity...

Oh, no... is this... am I in the middle of a state where everything is a delusion and nothing matters anymore...?

"..."

Uwaaa~

What now...? Fortuitously, I feel really calm, but my mind is forcibly telling me I should be feeling something else... It's too disturbing... I'm getting a complicated feeling for some reason that I couldn't even understand why...

Anyway, I feel like I was dreaming of something else, but it was too vague. But I'm sure it was a great yet, short dream... oh man...

At any rate, there is no sound but a pronounced, indescribable silence. The view in front of me is a pitch-black scene, and there are no signs of me being able to tell any movements or changes in my environment.

Also, I have a sense of being used to this kind of setting...

Wait. Just what was I doing before I came to this situation...?

☆☆☆☆☆

What a bright, sunny day. The sky was an intense blue, and the sun shone so brightly that it seemed almost to burn through my eyelids with its intensity.

I'm in my usual casual clothing, staying in my apartment room like a tired turtle, and Mireille silently sits beside me on a wide, luxurious-like couch.

The sofa is so large that it takes up two whole living room walls, which looks more like an expensive hotel suite than an ordinary apartment. On one side, there are two rows of tables with high chairs, while on the other side of the room, there's a long table placed beneath an enormous window overlooking the city.

There's no one else inside the room except us two. The only sound in the room is the soft sound of Mireille's breath. She keeps her eyes closed for some reason—she doesn't seem to be sleeping or anything... but she has an expression like she's feeling something deeply...