Chapter 10 - When The Unknown Happens in Secret

Gan Vol's POV:

"You've become a good pet, aren't you, Gan-chan? Fufu~... Danna-sama will be delighted. Johan-chan can finally work without having to worry about becoming useless~!"

"Yes, Ikigai-sama."

In front of me, in a plain white space, stood a being higher than anything I'd ever known existed. The woman smiled and chuckled in glee as she spoke.

Ikigai-sama's voice was so sweet and gentle that it made my skin crawl and tremble in terror... But behind that voice reveals a piercing cold and merciless intention, as though it came from someone whose heart was already devoid of empathy. I knew this woman would kill everything but in the form of great suffering without hesitation...

I couldn't do anything else but nod in response. I wanted nothing more than to avoid looking at the hideous atmosphere surrounding me with my own eyes.

She wore a black dress that looked like an attendant's uniform but with some extra dark, emitting air exuding from it. She had a pitch-black bracelet with some black stone on top, wrapped around her right wrist. To someone who might see her, they would probably think she seemed to be wearing an outfit similar to that of a sovereign or high-ranking overseer.

She had a weird black shade of hair; it was almost entirely black and had a few streaks of blue. Her eyes were also a peculiar shade of black with no visible whites, only a brilliant blue color. All that could be seen within those two orbs was a sharp, blue light. Like a pair of evil, glowing demon eyes, they gave off an aura that made one shiver just by looking at them.

It was said in my country that if you saw the purest form of black, then you must be looking at the very depths of the abyss itself...

Ikigai-sama tortured me and messed with my mind till I completely broke out. Right now, I'm not feeling anything except my value as a pet. All I could think of was what was engraved in my memory... To fear, obey, and feel happy about being a pet of some higher existence, such as herself and her King. His presence until now is still unknown.

"Still... I hate Johan-chan. He became even closer to Danna-sama than I currently am... Mu~... but it can't be helped. I want to become useful to Danna-sama~!"

Her face twisted into a somewhat grimace. She laughed heartily after that, her face beaming with delight. Her voice was quite lovely to listen to, but it also felt like it was talking straight into my ears, causing me to lose all power and completely shatter my heart from the dread.

She's not the same, unlike whenever she's torturing me. She shows somewhat of a different character when she's giving me the eternal pain one couldn't imagine feeling. She has a personality that will break everything without leaving them with even a glimmer of hope... One that will teach every living thing what great agony is all about. But now she has a personality that makes her seem like an innocent maiden... a mischievous child attempting to gain the favor of their master...

Because of her, now, I've reached the point where I only know how to obey.

"Hmm... since you're finally shaped into Danna-sama's liking... I guess it's time for Gan-chan to become officially part of our force in Johan-chan's place~!"

I'm not in the least bit interested in going up against Ikigai-sama. I've been taught how to behave appropriately as a pet without questions. If given a single order, I can confidently slaughter anyone close to me without batting an eye, including my family and the Queen, Masuko...

It's strange to me that I have absolutely no feelings of attachment left to the Queen at all... Even if the Queen herself tried, she would not be able to bring me ultimately under her command... But I can say with absolute certainty that this is not the result of brainwashing or manipulation... In any case, this is not even close to being that. It's almost as if I've been pushed to the point where I have no choice but to give up my mind on my own... I have the distinct impression that nothing other than the principles I currently hold has altered in any way except for my current thinking...