Chapter 9 - A Reason For A Replacement

Vyon Mireille's POV:

My eyes are wide open. My mind seems to cease to work after the scene in front of me... a grotesque sight.

A severed arm is grasping at the empty air, bathed in a small pool of blood all over the front of Izel-kun's apartment room.

"...W-What... happened...?"

I am seated in a corner after being pulled by Izel-kun, motionless for several moments, trying to comprehend what had just happened. The vision remains vivid in my head, as if it was someone else living the horror story before me.

...Izel-kun...? What happened to him...? ...Is this really happening...?

"...I-Is this Izel-kun's...?"

I whispered under my breath with a trembling voice, barely managing to gather my thoughts and move on from the sight. I tried not to look at anything else and focused on the scene in my front.

"Lady Vyon-sama!!! Get away from there!!!"

Mii-chan is in a rush, desperately calling and running toward me. But I couldn't hear her properly. Her voice is distant and faint, as if she were speaking through a thick fog.

I cry out unconsciously, tears flowing down my face. My legs are too weak to stand and support my weight anymore.

"W-What happened to Izel-kun...?"

My heart was thumping vigorously due to the sudden event. My chest feels like it's going to burst from the shock and sudden fear. My thoughts are filled with what just happened...

"A-Ah... W-Why am I starting to feel dizzy all of a sudden...?"

The world around me is hazy like I'm looking at it through watery glass.

My body feels like it's being crushed by the intense pressure of tension; my head feels light and detached, and everything around me seems so far away...

There's no strength left in my limbs. Everything around me turns black. Everything around me seems to have lost its color, and I can feel myself slipping into unconsciousness as if in slow motion...

☆☆☆☆☆

"—ma, Ojou-sama!, are you okay...!?"

Someone's calling...?

"H-Huh? M-Mii-chan?"

I looked up at the voice and saw Mii-chan staring down at me.

"Ojou-sama, get a hold of yourself!!"

"O-Oh...?"

I open my eyes to see Mii-chan's worried face staring back at me. She quickly kneels by me and places a hand on my forehead.

She stares blankly for a moment before nodding and standing up again.

Then she frowns.

"Good grief... Ojou-sama, just what were you daydreaming about? You kept screaming Izel-kun here and there while crying like a baby in the middle of the day. If you are not feeling well, you should rest plenty, okay? Please refrain from overworking yourself."

M-Mii-chan's calling me Ojou-sama...? Was that really something for Mii-chan to say? It felt like it was coming from an entirely different person speaking right now. What is this sudden change? She always called me Lady Vyon before, but never Ojou-sama...

"Ojou-sama, please don't force yourself too much. Your face looks pale, and your eyes look unhealthy, as if you've been crying all day. Do try to keep up with proper sleep and meals!"