Chapter 11 - Lily's Catalyst Part 1

Clandestine's POV:

"Fufu~ to think that we've ended up talking about Danna-sama for the whole time~."

Ikigai-sama giggled. Her slender and beautiful hands were on her thighs, and her pink lips curled into a smile as she talked... Her voice was light and teasing.

When Ikigai-sama smiled at me with a look of satisfaction on her face, I felt my skin trembling in trepidation... She really does admire the great King so much that it gives me chills.

It also seems that the fear engraved on me by Ikigai-sama is really that extreme...

"You've finally reached the point, Clandestine-chan, where you know everything there is to know about what a Pillar should be~! Congratulations~! This Ikigai recognizes you as a loyal pet! ...As the commander of the Pillars, I declare that you officially stand and be known as one of the Pillars of the Abyss, Clandestine-chan, a devoted pet of Danna-sama!"

Ikigai-sama's eyes shone as if she were looking at a child who had just learned to speak...

I kneeled with all my might and dignity in front of Ikigai-sama.

It was an absolute rule I learned as a pet that Pillars must not let any disgraceful acts to our master and superiors. After all, this is Ikigai-sama, the highest-ranking, no, the commander of the Pillars. The person who would rule over everything alongside the great King. It didn't matter whether I was afraid or not; I had to show no signs of weakness or anything displeasing and unpleasant.

Also... a pillar can be nothing more than a mere object serving its master's wishes. This is the most essential part of the rules I learned from Ikigai-sama's education.

"...Thank you very much, Lady Ikigai-sama. The fact that I have been given such a majestic and noble title is an honor beyond this lowly pet's comprehension."

This is also part of the absolute rules... Ensure that every word I say reflects what is in my heart and mind. It doesn't matter if I hold negative emotions or the like. It's an open betrayal and a sin to show a falsification of thoughts among the supreme beings...

Ultimately, Ikigai-sama can read through our minds... or so she said. And apparently, it's already that obvious after being with her and experiencing her madness. I can also tell that no manipulation and deception can pass through her. She is the incarnation of deceit and manipulation itself.

"Mhm! I already informed the other Pillars through the Abyssal network. It's a network only we, Pillars, and Danna-sama can access to communicate everywhere without limits and restrictions. And you will be able to access it later too. I already told them the new Clandestine will meet them soon~!"

I will meet the other Pillars soon... The beings who serve the Dark Supreme Being...

I had just been given the title of one of the Pillars of the Abyss. I was now among the most absolute sovereign beings... But...that's not exactly the case. I'm still a low-class being without any power but knowledge, yet that is just for now... I think.

In short, I was being officially taken under the wing of the Dark Supreme Being, which meant I wasn't only going to become part of this order... I could also aspire to become an even greater existence than I already am.

It's to be expected that all the other Pillars were already all-powerful in their own right. It may have been said modestly... But I believe that the rest of the Pillars of the Abyss were all extremely strong, considering they are the Primordial Cardinals who serve the Dark Supreme Being, just like in the legends...

"Anyway~! Let's leave the trivial things for now. I will give you the necessary items for the moment~."

Lady Ikigai-sama raises her right slender arm and points toward me. Then a black-sharp mist started to materialize in her palm. An object began to appear before the black smoke...