chapter 7: mountains

Another timeskip

Sadly having to wake up I reunite with Jake, Grace and Norm in the Lab as we pack science gears and supplies. Grace is angrily ranting about how Quaritch and selfridge are messing things up when she brings to light that we are going up to the mountains. "There's a mobile link at site 26 that we can work out of."

"The hallelujah mountains." Norm ask with uncertainty as Grace agrees with him. Norm starts jumping around in joy as I chuckle at his excited expression, also excited to go their. Jake gives a questioning look towards Norm. "The legendary floating mountains of Pandora? Heard of them?"

The samon thunders over the rainforest, climbing into the mist of enshrouded mountains. Norm is sitting at the front with Trudy to discuss some... flight stuff whilst Grace Jake and I sit at the back with Norm and Grace's unconscious avatar in the back.

"See these magnetic formations. We're getting close." As soon as Grace said that I was literally bouncing in my seat... well I was until Jake put his hand on my thigh to stop my legs continuous bouncing... which worked, and gave me butterflies.

"Yup, we're in the flux vortex" ahead a could bank parts to reveal the hallelujah mountains, right infront of us. "Oh. My. God."

Enormous islands of rocks hovering a mile above the ground. They are overgrown with rainforest and straggly beards of vines hanging down beneath them. Waterfalls stream down the sides and dissolve into sprays at the bottom.

Jake and I both stare in amazement as Grace and Trudy chuckle at out expressions. "You should see your face." We approach the islands of rocks as Jake ask confused as to how this is possible, not making any sense when he overlaps himself, although I'm not really paying attention as it is all diverted to the beautiful sight ahead of me.

It takes some time but we have now finnaly arrived at the remote research station. As the samson lands everyone hops out woth our mask on, cause we wanna breath and not die ya know.

I assist Jake with alongside Norm and Trudy as we cycle throught the airlock with Grace already inside. She turns on the light to reveal 5 bunks, a clutter of science gears, a short connecting corridor and 4 link units for Grace, Norm, Jake and I.

As Grace powers up the link equipment Jake and I stop to look at stereo still pictures which are taped and tacked up on her work station. In the photo Grace was posing at school with various different children. There is one of her with two lanky girls, a younger version of Neytiri and a older girl who looked much like her.

"Nova, take number 2, its the least glitchy. Jake your in number 4, those two are better then the rest at the moment. Norm, I need you to operate Jakes link whilst I do Nova's." Grace says as Norm turns to glare at Jake. 'What's his problem?'

It's seems the universe heard me when Jake asked what I thought. For some reason that sent Norm over the boiling point with steam comming put of his ears and his face turning a hot red. "I trained three years for this mission. I speak fluently in the language. He falls off a freakin' turnip truck and all of a sudden he is cultural ambassador." Norm angrily says, forgetting to mention me, but I think he is more angry at Jake then he is at me. After all, I did the necessary training.

"It's not our choice Norm"  heating that said male glowered at Jake, and I can't help but feel a little protective of him. "Shouldn't we get Jake into his link and get going instead of arguing about who hot to do what when it is out of our control." I say making them all speechless seeing as I usually don't act so serious.

Well Norm had a shocked, and stumped, look. Grace had to what a presume is a proud smirk and Jake had a surprised yet loving smile.

"Well, you heard the women, let's get these two ready. And quit squabbling like children"