chapter 8: hellish training

Well apparently when me and Jake are training with Tsu'tey and Neytiri we switch so sadly Jake and I are not training together. Or at least for now... I hope.

So right now I am inside the hometree running with Neytiri, or at least trying to catch up to him. Honestly, it still amazes me as I watch him leap up the core trunks like a lemeur. I climb up the last section out of breath as he continues to lead me outside onto a large branch.

Through gaps of the foliage I can see other great trees which are scattered across the terrain, like enormous umbrellas above the rainforest. Neytiri strides out towards some kind of structure, a web made of thick woven fiber. Dark shapes clinging to it stir with a leathery rustling sound.

For some weird reason Neytiri makes a series of shrills and clicks. However I think he did that for a reason as one of the shapes moved towards us, emerging into a shaft if sunlight.

"Holy..." at a loss for words I stare in amazement and awe at the beast infront of us. A huge mountain banshee, much larger than the forest banshee. It is taller then a na'vi with a 10 meter wingspan. A leathery fwhoop like the cockpit of sails as it lands on a branch right infront of Neytiri.

"Do not look her in the eye" Neytiri feeds they a large scrap of meat to which they snatch and gulp down as he mummers to them whilst scratching their neck. They let put a signature shreick to which some of the other shadows respond in a similar fashion.

Neytiri flip catches his queue and gently connects it with the banshee's antenna. "Ikran is not a horse. Once shahaylu  is made. Ikran will only fly with one hunter in its while life." Whilst effortlessly, and smoothly, climbing onto its back. "To become tanronyu, hunter, you must choose your own ikran. He will choose you."

"Really! When can I!" I say with imaginary sparkles around me which for some reason cause Neytiri to laugh. In amusement or admiration, I don't know. "You really are strange, most would be afraid. Or at least nervous. But you will get yours when you are ready."

"Heeyaaaah" 'huh' I duck just in time as Neytiri and his banshee plunges off. They swoop down across the forest canopy, banks hard, letting put a cry and beating its wings for a power climb. And I can't help but stare in admiration and something else as I watch him sore freely throught he sky's.

My thoughts soon drift to Jake, Tsu'tey can be... a little bit rough at time so I can only pray for him if he his doing the same things as us. Aaand hope he comes back alive, or in one peice. That would be nice!

Shack- night/ext

Jake kindly volunteer to do the stereo video log as we decided to take it in turns. Whilst he doing that and arguing with Grace about having to do this, although in a hushed voice so that I could get some shut eye, I'm already in bed and slowly succum to the abyss of sleep. Tired after a long day of training and trying to get some beauty sleep, rest, for whats to come.

Now this means... teaching montage!

This time I am with Tsu'tey as Jake studies the way of the Omaticaya with Neytiri.  Speaking of Tsu'tey he and I right now are kneeling together inside the hometree. Tsu'tey touches his lips with is fingertips. "Seyri" he then touches his nose, ears and eyes in a quick sentence. "Ontu,   mikyun,    nari" I say, mimicking his sentence, although I already knew na'vi, I thought, why not mess with him.

Tsu'tey stands next to me, correcting my position as I draw a longbow. I can't help but shiver at the feeling of his hot breath on my neck, and without looking I could already tell he was smirking at my reaction. 'What, what are these feeling? Why do they... why do they make me feel so, weird?'  Our poor poor Nova, so innocent and naive that she can't even recognise her own feelings.