chapter 17: dont give up

A wall of charging hammerheads crashing put of the foliage, a shower of broken branches as as troopers open fire... but the stampede drives over them like a wave. Tree trunk feet shatter the ampsuit cockpits.

Nearby foot soldiers see living shadows flow out of the gloom as viperwolves race among them woth flashing jaws. The troopers fire wildly as they go down, hitting eachother as much as their attacker.

Jake and Nova bank whilst the three of them watching hundreds of riderless wild banshees converge on Quadrich ship. They literally darken the sky. "What the hell-" Nova say, confused as to why they were here. 'I don't remember rounding up any banshees... unless...'

The wild banshees wheel among the ships, ripping into them. Nova slows starts understand what is goin on.

Ewya is in the fight!

"Whoo-hoo" Nova screams in delight as relief floods her body. 'She heard me' a gunner fires from the door of a samson. There is a crash as the head of a banshee lunges in the door, jerking him out. Other banshees tear at the pilots windshield.

Neytiri watches in awe as as the ground troops scatter in disary. The viperwolves  flash past him, ignoring him. He senses something and turns slowly to see the thanator, who was overly protective of Nova and quite vicious to everyone besides her, emerge from the smoke behind.

A glistening black demon. He stands there paralysed before its stygain gaze and the thanator lowers itself, until its head is just above the ground. It holds that position, waiting. Trembling, he approaches the waiting demon.

Forest

A smoky hell. Fire burns all around. Troopers are disorganised, falling back. Shooting at shadows. Panicked yells fill the comms.

Wainfleet, who was littered with major injuries from Nova, and the other ampsuits are charging together through the smoky gloom. Wainfleet is panicked and in disary, yelling at everyone. Something slams into the other ampsuits, takling it

Wainfleet whirls around to see his squad mates missing. He moves through the screen of foliage to see the ampsuits... ripped open. Drivers gone. Blood inside the cockpit.

Hearing a sound he turns around in time to see a thanator leaping at him. Wainfleet raises a cannon but it already slamming him into the ground as the cannon goes flying.

He is face to face with its nightmarish jaws, right outside his canopy. On its back is Neytiri, and its a toss up to which one looks more pissed.

The thanator rears back, muscles rippling as it poises to strike and slams his teeth right through his canopy. Wainfleet's screams are brief. Neytiri's demon mount rears up and its triumphant roar echos throughout the forest.

Corridor

Max runs down through the halls, leading other scientist. He is yelling into a aircom handset. "Rogue one, rogue one, this is Max. Tell Nova and Jake we are in motion. Get in there, barricade the door." Max says the last part to the scientist.

In the link room the door is hurled open and the scientist charge in. Scientist geeks barricade the door whilst avatar drivers scramble into their link units, pulling down the clamshells.

The the corridor Max checks the door is secure from his side, then runs down a connecting corridor

Shack

Human Norm emerges from the airlock, wearing breathing gear and carring a AR. He stumbles, dazed, towards the battle.

Mountains- aerial