chapter 15: preparation

Nova's pov

Opening my eyes I feel myself drifing. 'To where I don't know' After some time I finnaly gain my balance and start walking in a abyss of white.

After some time of aimlessly wondering around I see... the mother tree in the distance. 'What?' I start running to it with thoughts of why it is here. 'I though I was dreaming?' Letting out a breath I didn't known i was holding I come to a stop when at the foot of the tree. Its roots.

"I have waited a long time to meet you Nova... my name is ewya, the spirit of the mother tree." I'm pretty sure the only look i wore is shock at this moment. "How- how are you hear?" After I questioned that I hear a airy chuckle resonate throughout the plain.

"I am a spirit, I can go to wherever is desired." I mentally facepalm at my stupidity. "I mean why are you hear in my dream, right now." "Because, you and I are connected ever since that day in the woods when I sent the wood spirits to you. You had something I have never seen before. Especially in humans. A pure heart. I saw the destruction of my forest and the ones who live in it as I needed help to protect them. And I chose you.'

"I am flattered that you chose me but how could I be of any help than the Omaticaya. I am weak compared to them." I say, not really believing what ewya has just revealed. "You are much stronger that you think. How do you think Grace came back to life? It was not I." "That was me!" I say in shock at the revelation. I think ewya found my face funny cause she laughed. "Yes it was you. You have the ability to correct the wrong of man kind. Goodbye... and the best of luck to you.'

That was the last thing I heard from ewya before I started to wake up to reality. Groaning I flutter my eyes open. Taking in my surroundings I realise that I am inside, hmm, someone must of carried me inside.

I try to sit up but for some reason it seems my limbs have gained extra weight. 'Huh' Looking down I see Jake, Neytiri and Tsu'tey sleeping on top of me with their limbs intertwined with my own. I can't help but blush at the closeness before trying to wiggle out of their grasp without waking up.

Unfortunately, luck ain't on my side today as it feels like I'm bound to them. Once again I try to move my limb but somehow that jostled all three of them awake. "Damnit!" I say in a given up whisper and just sit not, not being carefully at all.

They all groan a Jake looks up at me with tired eyes, "Huh, your awake Nova... YOUR AWAKE!" I think the realisation that I'm awake just dawned on him. His shout fully woke Neytiri and Tsu'tey up. "Nova!" They all crush me in a hug... whuch is also restricting my breathing.

"I-its, nice... t-to-see... you too. But, can I br-breath p-pl-please." Which i barely say. They all give me a apologetic look before loosening their hold  allowing me to take a sharp intake of air. "Thank you" "sorry" I gave that a big smile saying no worries before realising my position and blushing.

They all look at me with curiosity as to why my face was as red as a tomato. Coughing and turning my head away so they wouldn't see, I inform them of our... position. Looking down they blush more heavily than me before quickly scrambling off whilst helping me stand up along with them.

"What happend? How did I get here?" For some reason my question made me recive incredulous looks resonating from the three na'vi infront of me. "You mean you don't renember?" Jake says as they all start walking towards me, until they are a meter away. "Renember what?"

"You fainted after bringing Grace back from the dead after you put on a light show for all the Omaticaya." I had a look as realisation. "Oh" "oh, what do you mean oh. You could of been seriously hurt. I was- we were all worried." Tsu'tey says, putting his hand on my shoulder as Neytiri holds a look of worry in his eyes. Same with Jake. 'What's wrong with them. Why are they acting this way... its different to how they usually act.'