chapter 19: results

Me and Grace met up as soon as we could after the war. Honestly... I raced into her arms as she she'd tears of joy... I hope. "Thank god your alive!" "Of course, I promise. And I never break a promise. I'll get bad karma if I do" Gracie laughed at that before shaking her head.

Hells gate- day

Na'vi ride direhorses among the abandoned machines of hells gates. Banshees roost on the roof of the modules, and stungbats flutter about, unimpeded. The sentry guns are silent, and the gates are open to the forest.

A few chose to stay. Fewer were chosen.

Max, Grace, Norm and a few other avatars hild AR's as the personnel of hells gates file up the cargo ramp of the remaining shuttles. The evicted humans are sullen and angry like POW's.

Jake, Neytiri, Tsu'tey and I stand together as we watch the departure of the sky people. Parker selfridge shuffles up the ramp. His eyes, eyes of a lost soul, meet mine as he dissapears into the ship.

Well of souls: night

The willows glow softly. The intire Omaticaya clan is gathered, seated in a prayer circle around the mother tree.

3rd pov

Moving across the concentric rings of people, all plugged in and softly chanting. In the center Mo'at hovers above, who is also doing the chant.

Neytiri and Tsu'tey kneels besides four figures on the dais. Jake, Nova and their avatars lie head to head. All four figures are still, hands still, covered in translucent silken shrouds of root cilia.

Neytiri and Tsu'tey remove the masks from Jake and Nova's human face, gently closing their deaf eyes with their fingertips.

Tsu'tey and Neytiri stroke Nova's cheek when suddenly Nova's and Jake's hand twitches. And then-

Their eyes open.