#004 | 𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑜𝑡𝑖𝑐 𝐶𝑙𝑢𝑏𝑏𝑖𝑛'

[This chapter contains violence and fighting actions.]

Salty droplets flow down every dancer's face like soft summer rain. The club is electric tonight, everyone feeding off of the smiles and fast dancing. They could go like this all night long, feet moving to the crazy beat like they belong to the music. The sequins caught the disco ball light that twirls above - launching a every shade of the rainbow into the darkness, lasers and lights blinding the eyes.

- 𝐼 𝑑𝑜𝑛'𝑡 𝑐𝑎𝑟𝑒,
𝐼 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝑖𝑡.

The malodorous sweat smell mixed with the strong scent of alcohol in the air, the blasting deafening music, the friction between bodies in the crowd; everything overwhelmed Layla and she wished she could just leave this place already. Not to mention her short to the knees, tight emerald dress she had to adjust with every step, pulling it further down.
She was wearing a not remarkable make-up, two earrings in each lobe, and was holding her whisky glass in her right hand, standing by the bar counter.

《 Any sign of our guy?》James spoke into his comm ear device, standing on the other side of the large dynamic chamber.
《 Not yet. Changing position to cover more space.》 She answered making her way through the moving crowd, abandoning her still full glass. The only information they have on their guy is he is extremely intelligent and has a heavy french accent.
Lay hates these kind of "blind" missions that play mostly around luck and coincidence; two things she doesn't really believe in.

- 𝑌𝑜𝑢'𝑟𝑒 𝑜𝑛 𝑎 𝑑𝑖𝑓𝑓𝑒𝑟𝑒𝑛𝑡 𝑟𝑜𝑎𝑑, 𝐼'𝑚 𝑖𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑚𝑖𝑙𝑘𝑦 𝑤𝑎𝑦,
𝑌𝑜𝑢 𝑤𝑎𝑛𝑡 𝑚𝑒 𝑑𝑜𝑤𝑛 𝑡𝑜 𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑡ℎ, 𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝐼 𝑎𝑚 𝑢𝑝 𝑖𝑛 𝑠𝑝𝑎𝑐𝑒.

Out of nowhere someone grabbed her arm, making her nearly punch James. She groaned annoyed and tried to pull her arm out of his grip.
"He's watching. Act normal." He whispered into her ear.
"How do you know it's him?" She said not believing he found him.
"Backstage, there's a whole other party in there. Ten o'clock. Occupy him while I make my way in and see what I can find." He leaned even more closer of her, his lips nearly touching her neck and as soon as she wanted to react, he vanished in the throng.
"Unbelievable.." She ran her hand through her curled hair, making sure she looked good enough to start her little game : seduction.

Her steps were sure, walking on the less crowdy side line of the dancing area, feeling his eyes on her. She wasn't planning on going to him. She knew he'll come to her.
And that is what happened, just a few seconds later, the famous villain known as the Pac-man stepped closer of her, blocking her way, a wide smile on his face.

"My my, what is a lady like you doing this late in a french, dangerous club?" He said looking her up and down, his french accent playing on each spoken word.
"

I guess I lost my way. And what is a man this good looking doing here?" Layla replied, going on with her play.
"Oh you know. Business." He said, resting his back against the wall. "But I'm sure you're here for a specific reason."
Layla's eyebrows slightly frowned, leaving her smile dominate her facial expression.
"Maybe I'm here for the same reason as you are." She teased, unfortunately falling into his trap.
"Are you?" He looked into her eyes, reading something close to lies.
"Shit.." Lay thought, feeling a drop of sweat run down her neck. The sound of punches and groans on the other side of her comm device weren't helping too.
"Do I look like I'm playing games here?" She said pulling her stern face out.
"What's the code, then?"
《 Dancing bone. The code is Dancing bone!》Bond's voice yelled, breathless.

"Dancing bone."
"Ah, you are clearly not playing games here.' He smiled reaching for her hand and placed a kiss on it. "Are you the infamous Delilah?"
"That is me. And you must be.." She just went with it.
"Pac-man. The one and only supreme head of the PAC system." He answered taking a seat on an empty couch, a heavy large guard standing next to it, inviting her to join him.
"Great meeting you Mr Pac-man. And what's the PAC system?" She took a seat next to him.
"Program and control. Newbies." He chuckled sarcastically to himself. "You know, the problem with being an unstable genius is some people will call you crazy and others will call you a mastermind."
《 We need to get out. They're looking for us.》
"But welcome aboard. I'm sure Doctor Bones will fill you up with more details. Now, where is the package?" He reached for something in his pocket and Layla's guards were nearly over the edge, still put away like an alarmed tiger, not attacking. He took out an USB key and put it on the little table.
"Package. Yes." She had no idea who was Delilah nor which package was she supposed to give or who the hell is even Doctor Bones.
Pac-man was still waiting, now getting impatient. "Mademoiselle Delilah, is everything okay?"
《 Layla, get out of there, now!》
"It's right up your ass, darling." She said, immediately getting up. She grabbed the USB key with one hand as her other hand seized the champagne bottle, breaking it on his head and off she started to run.
"Argh- Grab that little villaine demoiselle!"

His bodyguard jumped into the crowd, pushing people like a monster. Layla was the red flag and he was the angry triggered bull.
《 James, where the hell are you!?》She yelled over the loud music and cheering dancers.
《 Rooftops!》On the French close but narrow roofs, James was sprinting, chased by henchmen aiming their gun on him; the Beretta M9A3 with silencers used to not break the night's silence nor attract attention on them.

《 What do you mean rooftops!?》
The heels were not supporting her pursuit, causing the big guy to grab her from her leg and drag her back, her face hitting the ground first, the key falling out of her hand.
"Bloody.." She quickly got out of the way of an incoming leg, getting back on her feet. That giant really has no pity. He started to run again in her direction but as soon as he got close of her, she jumped over his body and rolled over, quickly sending a strong kick on his back yet that seemed to only tickle him. He sent a heavy punch to her face that she couldn't dodge in the right time, her nose starting to bleed.
Layla's strength cannot match this beast's. She had to find another solution to beat him and she quickly found one when her eyes landed on the distant candles. Grabbing the nearest glass of alcohol from a man, she poured the whiskey in her mouth and rushed to the candles, picking up the USB from the floor.
Just when she hold one of the candles, the liquid wax burning her palm, the bodyguard was ready to attack her but she split the whisky out on the candle, creating a hot, burning fire cloud, the beast groaning so loudly to the contact of the fire with his face, backing up.
The music straight away cut, everyone's attention falling on the two of them. She took the opportunity to escape, hurrying to their car. Time to find 007.