#13 | 𝑈𝑁𝐾𝑁𝑂𝑊𝑁 𝑁𝑈𝑀𝐵𝐸𝑅

Her flat felt like the safest spot she could be at in the moment, away from people, away from danger. Everything was getting only worse by each passing minute. And their enemy was getting stronger, taking steps ahead of them.
Layla let herself fall on her couch, a groan rushing out of her mouth. She never felt herself this drowned out, lost and somehow scared. And she hated herself for feeling this.. weak.

"You don't look very fine."
Lay immediately got off the couch and hold her hands up in a defensive position despite the tiredness in her. Her eyes landed on James who was standing casually there, smiling to her way of reaction.
"I was fine until you just.. appeared out of nowhere!" She said letting her guards fall down, sitting back down on the couch. "How did you even make it in?"
"I know how to open doors. I'm an agent, Layla." James answered and decided to take a seat by her side on the couch. Her flat was slighty dark, a very strange yet relaxing vibe roaming around each object.
"Thank you, though."
Layla turned her head towards him, a soft smile forming on her lips. She nod her head, resting her back against the couch.
"I did the right thing. Couldn't just throw you out like that."
James was looking at her with gentle eyes. She kept his secret; him who thought she would throw him to the sharks.
"So, you don't hate me anymore?"
"Oh no, I still do."
007 raised his eyebrow at her, confused.
"Don't act like the innocent duck. You threw away my bloody drink in France!" Layla humphed, looking away like a pissed child. James, on the other hand, busted out laughing. His laugh is just like the most beautiful musical piece, a blessing to her ears.
"You can be so childish sometimes." He said, calming his laughter down.
"Whatever." She smiled, her eyes meeting his. It's not the first time he noticed how childish she can get and he thinks it's related to her past and childhood; two things he barely knows about.
"You wanna know something, James?"
"Hm?" His attention grew, looking at her and her only.
"I'm.." The sound of her moving ringtone broke their conversation. Layla sighed and looked at her phone's screen. She is really starting to hate her own phone.
[Unknow number.]
[

Hello?] She said, placing the device against her ear.
[Tick, tock. Tick tock.] The throaty voice laughed. [You really thought I was an idiot.]
Layla felt herself stress up. James didn't like the way she was looking at him. There was no reason to ask who this was. The familiar french accent filled the thought.
[You, fucking..]
[Ah-ah! A beautiful lady like you isn't allowed to swore. Anywayyys, the reason I am calling is because I'm... bored!] He said all excited. [This is why I'm creating a game just for the two of us.]
"Layla, is.. everything alright?" James frowned his eyebrows and placed his hand on her thigh.
The female agent stared into nothingness as she focused on the speaker's words. Questions busted in her little mind, overwhelming it in little time.
[The rule is very simple : No one must know. Personne. I'll send you the place and time to meet. Remember.. I watch everything!] And with a giggle, he hung up, leaving Lay unstable in spirit. Why her? Why now? What's next? What should she do?
"I.. yes. Yeah, everything is fine." She put her phone down and forced a smile to her partner. "I remembered I had a.. date. That is all." Really, Layla. A date?
"A date?" Bond wasn't expecting such a reply. His eyes lost their burning flame. "You have a date? With who?"
"With someone who's name start with 'none' and end with 'business.'" Lay said, finding it weird that James is asking her these kind of questions.
"Well, do enjoy your date. I better get going. I'll see you later. Or maybe.. I can join your date?" James stood up, checked his watch and looked down at Layla.
"I'm not into threesomes, really."
"Right. Yes." He faked his smile and stood there for a good second. Once he left, Layla found herself with the voices in her head, the unanswered questions, the thoughts of the consequences; drowning alone in her living room.

Later at night, Lay received a message from the same unknown number with the location and time of meeting. She hoped this would end like butter on the floor.