#007 | 𝐴 𝑠𝑡𝑜𝑟𝑚 𝑖𝑠 𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑖𝑛𝑔

It didn't take the agents much to make it back to London. The few hours of flight were barely enough to fill the tiredness but enough to keep them going. The laboratory section which is used to work on gadgets and such things was dynamic, each scientist focused on his own invention. Some caught Layla's attention, others caught James's.

"How's your shoulder?" Layla asked, both of them walking side to side to Q's section.
"Better, thank you." He simply answered.
Layla raised an eyebrow at him, questions running through her mind. She was slowly getting used to him and his teases and when he didn't apply pressure on, something felt like missing.
"That's it? No more poking fun?"
"Don't you abhor those?"
"Maybe. Maybe not." She said as they now entered the quartermaster's work space, feeling James smirk behind her back.

"Ah, 007 and Moon Light." The young man said, turning to face the new guests in his area. "Welcome."
"Your code name is Moon light?" James asked before to get shush by Layla.
"Anywho.. I'm the new Quartermaster." Q declared, smiling to the agents.
"This must be a joke." James chuckled, not believing his words.

"Why, because I'm not wearing a lab coat?"
"Because you still have spots."
Layla hit James's injured shoulder with her elbow, causing him to hiss.
"My complexion is hardly relevant." Q continued.
"Your competence is." James replied not wanting to let it go.
"Age is no guarantee of efficiency."
Layla was just enjoying this, but she shouldn't. She should probably tell them to end it though.
"And youth is no guarantee of innovation." 007 shrugged, thinking he won the little argument.
"Well, I'll hazard I can do more damage on my laptop sitting in my pajamas before my first cup of Earl Grey than you can do in a year in the field." Q stated, pushing his glasses back on the base of his nose.
"Gentlemen. I think it's enough." She immediately cut James, staring at the two of them. But my oh my, she really enjoyed the last given argument by Q. She likes him already.
"That's spot on. I believe you have something to show me?"
Layla took the key out of her pocket and handled it to Q who took it and plugged it into the computer's central unit.
"Huh. A PTSW." The multiple connected screens to the same computer showed many green lines and little open files here and there.
"A what?" Layla said, not familiar with the word, nor was James.
"It's a system which is used for two things : make the Mass Storage Controller Chip's access brief and non-repeatable and also protect the scripted codes for each information in."
"We surely don't care a brass farthing. Can you break into it or not?" James was getting impatient.
"Of course I can. This is a cinch for me. It might take a while."
"Take your time. Keep us updated." Layla said as she watched Q sit down and start typing on his keyboard. James gave the place a look around and left to join Layla who was already outside.

<M wanna see u in her office. welcome back 🌙 - W.B>
The sent text created a smile on her lips, reading the small message on the screen of her phone. M must have heard that they're back and she's waiting for a fill-in.
"M wanna see us." Layla turned her head to inform James, now both of them walking towards her office.
"This agency's losing its efficacity." 007 hummed, walking by his partner's side.
"Are you jealous because young newbies are better than you?" She didn't know why did it bother him this much that someone new took the old Q's place. Were they close?
"If you're talking about yourself, no. Not really."
"I'm no newbie. I used to 'live' here. And hold on, how old do you think am I?"
As they now were making it inside the elevator, James stood in front of her as she clicked the button, studying her face.
"Somewhere around twenty four, twenty six?"
Layla let out a little chuckle escape her mouth. "I'm thirty five. Thank you for the compliment."
"Your behaviour doesn't match your age." He teased her, the elevator's door closing.

"I'm expecting righteous information

"I'm expecting righteous information." M hung up when the two agents made it in her office. She seemed to be not quite in her best mood. Layla wondered why.
"We couldn't get much. Pacman's been expecting someone for a package exchange. Some Delilah what's her name." Layla started.
"Whole place was drowning with his henchmen. He was waiting for some rabbit to get in his trap." James added, standing straight by Lay.
"And we think it might be some Doctor Bones."
M took a moment to say something.
"Two audacious men playing with fire on the field.. Bones had been off radars for a while."
"From my standpoint one of them is trying to make the other play his game. And we just joined the board." 007 said the last part sure of himself.
"A storm is coming." Layla finally spoke, staring into the void just imagining the chaos that might come at any time.
"Precisely. Try to find what's the basis. We need to stay steps ahead of them." And with these last words, M asked them to leave the office, leaving her to make another call.

Layla found herself outside in the same hallway where she made James fall. Such a good memory.. They had a few hours off free and each one of them was already thinking on how to fill them up.
"Care for a drink?" James invited her, out of nowhere.
"Why would I have a drink with you?" Layla tilted slighty her head, staring into his dark ocean-blue eyes.
"I need to refresh my body and in all probability you need someone to talk to."
"Oh my, already inviting me indoors of yours?" Lay bantered with James. She knew that Will is surely occupied somewhere and she didn't have much to do. "Lead the way."

Both made it out of the MI6 building and off they dug out to his flat.