005 | 𝐾𝑛𝑜𝑤 𝑚𝑒, 𝑘𝑛𝑜𝑤 𝑦𝑜𝑢

The Audi R8 sport car, grey of unburnished silver, as pretty as a dappled horse, as reassuring as all ancient things that remain so strong, roared in the empty streets. Layla wasn't used to driving this kind of cars. Low to the ground, she had to twist and flex her body to fit into the cockpit. The noisy motor roars and wide tires made drumming sounds in the interior.
You can feel every bump, pothole, median divider, and rumble strip in your fillings, your kidneys, your back. Everything. She didn't dislike it though.

Driving feet naked, her eyes were trying to find the familiar silhouette of her partner on the roofs. Unfortunately his comms' signal got cut. She really hoped he was fine. Not because she did care, but M wouldn't be near happiness if she loses another agent in the same week.
"This is the last time I work with someone." She admitted to herself, taking a sharp turn to join the main avenue, hitting something as soon as she made the turn. 007 stood up, holding his hip. He gave her a dead stare fastly getting into the car. He was in a bad state; bleeding forehead, reddish knuckles, messy hair but what caught her attention is the hole in his suit's top. He got shot.
"What are you waiting for? Go!"
She passed the gear and accelerated, the rain of bullets from the running henchmen barely reaching them. Mission successful.

The drive was silent, awkwardly silent. Both of them had the will to speak words but none of them wanted to break the quietess.
Her eyes travelled from the dark highway to the passager seat where James had the first aid kit open on his lap, taking care of his shoulder wound. He was carefully trying to take the bullet out, feeling Layla's eyes watch him. Was she watching him or his bare shirtless body?
"You got caught into a fight?" He finally spoke, groaning lowly. The blood trail down her nose was dry.
"Giant guy, prolly worth all of the henchmen in one body." She stated, quickly removing her eyes which were checking his body. She unfortunately couldn't see much thanks to the late time of the night. "After all, you took all of the fun."
"You want me to play the seduction part next time?" He said ironically, pulling the bullet out of his shoulder, holding his pain in. The stimulus was too strong he had to close his eyes for a moment.
"That's what you get for criticising my work." She smiled innocently. "But I got to trick "the" mastermind, get a USB key, burn the giant's face and save your arse."
"You did what now?" He raised his eyebrow at her, applying pressure on his wound.
"I don't repeat my words. Check your ears, you might have a bullet or two stuck in there." Layla rolled her eyes, hands on the wheel, driving at a constant speed.
James looked diverted. He wrapped a bandage around his shoulder, pulled his shirt back on and closed the buttons.
"So, you're M's daughter?" He asked to receive quietness as a response. "You don't look alike." He added to provoke her and it worked.
"I'm not her child. Lost my parents at a young age. And what's with all of this questioning anyways!?"
"Well as we'll be working together-"
"I hope not." She interrupted him.
"I suggest we get to know each others."
She gave him a look and he smirked. They still have long hours before they arrive to their destination and maybe a little discussion wouldn't hurt a fly. Unless they end up fighting or something.
"Fine. But I get to skip questions."
"Inequitable."
"I find it finely fair."
"You might skip twice."
"But you don't get to skip."
He took a moment to turn the condition in his head, ending up on accepting.
"Deal." 007 adjusted his posture in his seat. "Let's start it childsplay. What's your full name?"
"Layla Ashlyn." She replied, feeling him study her face. "No need to ask for yours."
"What's your connection status with M?"
"She was my foster. Yours?"
"Slighty debording the professional line." He said, not quite sure how to explain it.
Layla slowly turned her head towards him, giving him a "What did you say?" look. He chuckled shaking his head.
"Not in that sense. Just close agent to his boss." He paused. "She's not my type anyways."
Layla busted out laughing, her eyes falling on the road.
"Alright alright, next question : don't you find yourself filled with selfishness and supercilious?"
"No. I'm a ladies' man; charmer, respectful and courteous." He said, the grin not leaving his lips.
"Uhuh... so you're also a manwhore."
"I beg you pardon?" He looked offended which made Layla smile.
"You're a fisherman, except you fish women. God I don't wanna imagine the contacts you've been through-"
"You slept with William Barlowe, on the other hand."
Suddenly she hit the brake, the tires screeching, the speed going from 137km/h to 60km/h to nothing.
"Excuse me?" She gave him a stare, raising her eyebrows. "Who told you I did?"
"M. She might be your mother figure but I-"
"She isn't and will never be close to be my mother figure. Listen to me, Bond. I already hate you, and working with you or just being around you is a deep pain in my arse."
She watched him smirk.
"If you speak one other word, I'll break your skull with my heels."

James rested his head on his seat, looking at the empty highway, nodding his head. He just enjoyed teasing her and he hoped he was getting into her because in a very weird way, she just caught his attention from their first meeting which was only hours ago.
Layla sighed deeply and passed the gear, now driving again into the night.