#009 | 𝐴𝑛𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑦 𝑤ℎ𝑖𝑠𝑝𝑒𝑟 𝑏𝑎𝑐𝑘

The darkness of the reunion room was broken by the large projected screen on the white wall; pictures, locations and numbers displaying on this last. Q got to change the key's system so that they can have a permanent look into it. Layla was sitting on the left side of the meeting table, M sitting two seats away from her while James was on the right side, facing Layla's seat.

"Doctor Bones, or Clinton Osborne has been under an agreement with Pac-man." Q, standing by his computer, clicked on a button and projected a written contract. "Follow the PAC system or get killed."
"Program and control." Layla said, getting a smile from Q.
"That is correct Agent Light. The cycle is quite simple : build systems, find costumers on the black market, steal their information and control them."
Pictures of a recent accident showed on the screen, making the agents exchange a look, M focused on what Q was saying.

"On one of their recent shared plans, Pacman pushed Bones into killing Turkey's president to collect some unknown files

"On one of their recent shared plans, Pacman pushed Bones into killing Turkey's president to collect some unknown files. Only he, did not return them nor return to Pacman."
"So wait, let me get this straight.. They played it up?" Layla said, moving her hand. The two villains faked the president's death to steal some files. But what did they have?
"Indeed." replied Q.
"He betrayed him and broke their contract. This is some kind of blackmail." James resumed, his eyes scaning the projected pictures.
"What did those files hold?" M asked, her hand resting on the table.
"No information is mentioned. Bones must've seen better opportunities into working alone." Q stated, shrugging.

"Alright.. We need to get to Bones; try to find him along with what's so important about the files and keep eyes on Pacman." M stood up, her eyes traveling from a face to another. "This meeting is rounded off."
And on her words, M left the room, leaving the agents stare into each others. Layla noticed how the tension between James and Q started to build up.
"Okayy.. Do we have any information on the doc?" She said hoping to keep their focus on the on-going serious conversation. They had to think fast and get into action before that any of the two enemies take steps ahead of them.

"He was involved in many 'incidents' in the past few years." James's eyes felt on Lay. "He has strength, but no brain."
"Oh right. His files mentioned the Mexico Chaos, in 2019; eight shot police men, three strangled to death citizens and a whole explosed building." Q typed on his keyboard, fingers flying from one button to another to project on the screen articles about the incident.
"And from that, he vanished until now." James completed the information, which made Layla smile because of their cooperation in speech.
"The brain and the muscle." Lay let out a heavy sigh. This is kind of complicated. They had two sides to survey and fight at the same time, surely using different methods.
"We better get to work. Can you get us his location?" 007 gave a challenging stare to the genius in the room, this last replying with a smirk.
"Already looked it up. He's in Jaipur, landed in there three hours ago."
"Great. First a french club, now what? I gotta be dancing with Charokhan?" Lay joked, watching Q and James chuckle.
"I'd love to watch you dance." James smirked while Q was getting ready to leave the room. He turned off the projector, disconnected his laptop and turned the lights back on.
"In your dreams." The female replied, rolling her eyes in exasperation.
"I'll get more details. Meet me in my lab in twenty minutes." Q informed them, holding his laptop under his arm, leaving the room.

Layla decided to meet up with Will who said was free for a few minutes. He had been put off missions after his last one where he had a brief conversation with Azrael. Lay did beg M to give him some time off to heal his mental being and physical being, and after heavy begs, she ended up accepting. He now only does little tasks around such as : body guarding, paperwork, ...
"You look awful." Will, in his reddish shirt, dark grey trousers, messy fallen curls on his forehead said when he saw Lay step inside the little cafeteria the building had.
"I'm happy seeing you too" She said giving him a quick warm hug. "How are things on your side?"
"Better than expected. Just too much paperwork." He said taking a sip of his coffee. "You missed the show; M finally slagged off that bastard."
Micheal Hollers, the old responsible guy over the High-tech and gadgets service sold something important to someone and things got complicated as he broke rules and put 009 in wait.
"What a twat.." She rested her back against the wall, looking at the few occupied tables.
"Lay.. I miss working on field. My place isn't between papers and hallways." He paused, facing Layla. "I feel much better!"
"Will, you died and.. came back to life. It's been just a week and a half. You need to rest more a-"
"I'm fine, Layla. Trust me." He placed her hand on her shoulder, smiling reassuringly. "Agents don't fear hell. Hell is their home." He started.
"And demons are their friends.. We shall survive and continue till the last breath." She ended. This was more like a catchphrase of theirs.
Her phone beeped, getting a message from Q informing her to join the lab section.
"Fucking hell I gotta get going already." She said, looking grumpy like a baby.
"There is she doing the grumpy lil' child." Will chuckled, shaking his head. "Go on, I'll wait for your return in my depressing, small rabbit hole."
"And there he is doing the.. I'll think of something!" Layla started to run to the laboratory, waving goodbye to her dear friend. She just hoped he'll stay safe, getting her mind state ready for the consequential bit; mission time.