#10 | 𝐶𝑜𝑛𝑠𝑒𝑞𝑢𝑒𝑛𝑐𝑒

[Violence / blood mentioned.]

The plan is quite simple; Dr Bones is here to exchange files with someone the agents didn't know. They must collect any given information and get their little game to an end so they can deal with Pacman only, for later. And what better place to do so than an auction in India?

Holding the religious oldish like aesthetic, the room was wildly big, lighted with millions of lights decorated with status glued to walls which hold meanings nearly no one knew in the room. Deep conversations were going nowhere fast at all, everyone dressed swankily holding their glass of champagne or white wine.
Layla, dressed as a waitress, walked between the guests with her plate up on her palm.
《 Moon in position. No sign of the rabbit.》
《 Got nothing on cams. I'll keep my eyes open.》Q said. He decided to join them on the mission hoping he'll help them and probably prove his potential to 007. His presence didn't bother Layla. He was mature for his age and highly intelligent.
《 He's making it in. Seven thirty, Layla.》 007 warned the agent. Just as she turned, she saw the infamous Doctor Bones. Large shoulders, straight posture, sure of himself in each step he takes. He was holding a suitcase, dressed in a pair of grey trousers and black jacket. Just as he walked past her, she noticed a long scar across his face, coming from the left side of his forehead to his right nostril.

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to my little lovely castle. Please join the main room to start our auction." A man, speaking in an Indian accent caught everyone's attention. "And make sure to spend as much as you can." He said which created a wave of laughter.
"Ugh.. rich people's humour." Layla said to herself now making her way to the kitchen. She put the plate on the counter and hurried to the little bathroom to change. Time to get to work.

《 Five minutes before starting. Get in your spots, agents.》Q informed them, watching people get ready from the security cameras.
《 You wanna help us? Keep your annoying mouth shut.》James, already holding a place for Layla, was waiting, his sharp glare not leaving Doctor Bones from sight.
《 Hm, what a bully. Is it always like this?》 He said not sounding offended at all.
《 Oh trust me, it becomes part of working with him.》Layla joined the conversation once she got changed. This time she was in a long past knees, bright yellow dress, hold with a black ribbon around her waist while her curled hair rested on her shoulders. As she made her way to stand by James, she felt eyes; hungry men eyes follow her and 007 noticed those.
To show that she was taken for the night, he pulled her close to him, his arm around her body.
"Don't you think something's changing. I still hate every inch of you." Lay whispered under her breath.
"I'm sure there will be inches you won't hate." His face got closer of hers, both staring into the other's eyes.
《 Very lovely what I'm hearing.Q's voice broke in.
"Shut up, Q."
"Shut up, Q."
Both spoke at the same time, the lights softening down, the auction starting.

Items came and went, each one being brought for more than ₹100,000. James was actually enjoying the sale while Lay kept her eyes on Bones who didn't speak nor move from the start.
"And now, we are getting you something very special. Something from the eight hundred's. A very fine Dresden figure of dancing lady in porcelain lacework applied with small rosettes." The same man from earlier spoke, bringing in the shiny precious little status.
And soon, th bidders started to boil, jumping from small numbers to get the beautiful status.
"Going once, going twice..."
"79,000." 007 said, a smirk on his dry lips.
"James, what the hell are you doing.." Lay spoke in a low voice.
"79,000. Going, going.."
"85,000." Suddenly, Bones spoke out-loud in his deep voice, lifting the bidders' attention.
"100,090." James raised the ceiling instantly, his eyes landing on the foe. Both desired the Dancing Lady and Lay didn't know why did her partner want it; was it just to pull Bones's attention? Show off to the people in the room? Who knows. James's mechanical brain works just as mysteriously as hers.
"₹150,000." Bones's nerves were being played like a harp and James took advantage of it.
"James..." Layla felt like her partner will do something so stupid. She hold his arm tightly and squeezed it. "James."
"350,000."
The crowd gasped. Oh God.
"My- ahem.. Going once, going twice and sold! The dancing lady goes to Mister..?"
"Bond. James Bond."

The auction took pause, everyone now enjoying their drink and exchanging vague discussions. Layla was standing by the little bar, soon James joined her.
"You're a fool." She told him taking a sip of her drink. "But it was an intelligent move to provoke his attention on us."
"Well thank you very much, but I actually wanted that little thing." James replied, sniggering.
"You're unbelievable." She rolled her eyes.
《 Guys.. there's something going on the second floor.》
《 What is it?》Lay said, both agents exchanging a look.
《 Can't see much. Camera's angle's at its max.》
007 and Moon Light headed upstairs, joining a large hallway lighted up with the warm flames of torches. The two agents could hear  a breaking glass sound not far from them. As they hurried, James kicked the door open, his Walther PPK in hands.
To their surprise, they missed the spectacle. Blood all over the floor, the body of a man hung over the table while Dr Bones stood there, wiping his hands from the reddish liquid. His eyes looked up at the agents, a smile forming on his lips.
"James Bond and his new.. girlfriend." He threw the dirty tissue on the floor, taking a seat on the desk. The body on it didn't seem to bother him at all. "You've missed my operation!"
"Let's get straight to the point. Where are the files?" Layla said, standing by James's right side, not showing fear.
"Did you know what happened to his last love?"
James's aiming hand lost its steadiness for a second, watching him hold a boiling feeling in.
"I know you know. You saw her body there!"
"I'm going to blow your brain." 007 spoke between his teeth, now holding his gun with both hands. The memories kicked in his mind; horrific scenes of his ex-love swimming in a bloody pool. Her own blood.
"James.."
Bones chuckled lightly, suddenly standing up.
"She was soft skinned.. too bad I had to peel that skin up!"
Layla couldn't believe what this insane, out of mind, mad man was saying. Sweat was running down both agents' foreheads. Tension tight.
"Oh you're going to pay for it." said James, nearly pulling the trigger.
"James–"
"Do you remember her head off? Do you remember it!? Once you open up, you hurt everyone around you. And soon, this woman will die in your arms, because of you."
"JAMES!"

POW. POW. POW.

Three bullets escaped the pistol, one to the lungs which surely reached his heart and two to the brain. His body hit the ground. Dead. Oh they're in big troubles...
Layla hold her hand against her mouth, hoping this didn't happen, hoping this is just in her mind. James on the other hand slowly realised what have he done, his shaking hands falling by his sides.
Screams and chaos followed.
James hurried to open the suitcase only to find white, blank pieces of paper in them.

This, is a disaster.