Chapter Twelve: Empty Splatters

Happy Birthday  ChaosDancer12 even if its posted a bit late, had to write it first since you chose the update <3

A brisk wind was making his scarf flutter, the air was cold under a starry sky.

All it would take was one step, and Ink would find himself falling for eternity as the void ripped him apart.

He stepped back though as vertigo made him waver, but he did wonder how his son had survived it. Both Dream and himself would be ripped apart painfully if they entered the void, yet.. Palette had survived and somehow come back.

"Did you do it?" The soulless being asked.

They could hear the scoff from there.

"Then not Fate, then who...?" Ink wondered.

Chains creaked and crackled, growing closer.... a chain around his neck tightening.

Ink pulled broomie out opening a paint portal, looks like there was creating to be done.

------

The anti-void was an eye watering bright white, Error did his best to make his tiny of the place have color but after a point even his string lost color and the souls hanging faded. People would be rather horrified how many souls actually hung invisibly there, as he had to keep certain souls in case he had to release them to return a AU.

So far he hadn't returned any souls other then Blues world, and gained a lifelong friend during that time.

"Another world, another soul," the destroyer sighed trying the soul up, he collapsed tiredly on a bean bag chair.

Above another set of strings and souls faded, making the place even more empty.

------

Reaper grinned as he sipped his coffee, listening to the sounds of the children playing upstairs.

"Huh.." Geno said suddenly from where he was doing there laundry, Reaper paused to look at his husband.

"Whats up gen?" he asked curious.

"I finally got Harry to allow me to wash his clothes, he doesn't have many to spare but theirs something strange about this jacket," Geno said holding up Harry's silvery long jacket he had been about to put away.

"Let me see it," Reaper said curious, Geno passed it and stared at the piece of clothes. Its threads echoed some type of power, but he couldn't seem to activate it himself. There was nothing bad about the power, just strange... yet it tickled at his memory.

'Destiny?' Reaper finally thought, finally recognizing the magic.

"Is everything okay with it Reaper?" Geno asked a few minutes later.

"Its fine, whatever it is won't cause any trouble," he replied, after all it was Destiny's power not Fates.

Thump

"Sorry!" Goths giggling voice called from upstairs.

Geno continued to fold laundry humming under his breath, the only other sounds was of children playing.

------

"Hooo... hooo,"

"Mmm..." Harry said not wanting to get up to the barking hoot of an owl.

"Hooo.."

"Go away..." Harry grumbled, pulling up the covers more.

A Feathered head nuzzled his skull, the scent of feathers entered his nose.

"Hoo..."

"Hedwig?" Harry whispered half asleep as the sounds of wings, starry eyes opened blearily to see a while shape on the open windows landing.

"Hoo," the own said, staring at him with familiar eyes there whole body ghostly. Then there wings spread, and they flew out into the night sky.

"Wait!" Harry cried, stumbling out of bed, he pulled on his normal clothes and ran downstairs.

"Kid!" Reaper called startled as harry ran past.

"Sorry Mr Reaper!" Harry called back already at the front door, he pulled on his footwear and his jacket.

"Wait Harry its two in the morning, where are you going?" Reaper called speeding towards him.

"Sorry, I'll be back once I can," Harry apologized heading outside.

"WAIT!" Reaper called heading the door and paused, the area was empty.