Interlude: The Empty One

Happy Birthday  Lunazul3000 and here is your requested update

Once upon a time...

Most stories began with these words.

Once upon a time a fell Ink stole a child.

This was the start of one, and also an end to another story.

Why?

Why why why!

There child, there Palette was dead.

Murdered by Death in a fit of rage, leaving a Dream and Ink with the one good thing in there life.

Ink didn't even bother with the red paint, just ripped apart Death with savage glee leaving not even enough to be pierced together again.

He came home to dust, Dream taking the cowards way out due to the grief.

Ink didn't know how long he just stood there and stared at his mates dust, empty as his empty chest. He was soulless, yet he still felt sorrow.

His paint didn't interest him now, he tried to sip it but he just felt ill and threw up.

How strange... he didn't even have the call to create.

Why did this all exist? His child was gone. His mate was gone.

While it would be easy enough to create a new Reaper, he felt no reason to...

Then he left, the multiverse he once protected could destroy itself and crumble into the void. There counterpart Error, could destroy to there souls content.

Multiverse after multiverse, so... boring...

He found out his multiverse was called a Fell multiverse, a darker verse.

It fit, after all in other multiverses Death or Reaper didn't go out of the way to murder babies because he was pissed.

Then, he came across a nice multiverse. It felt like a very nice place, lighter then his own had ever been.

If he had a soul it would have broke at what he saw next, Palette.

His son, the proof that Dream had loved even a soulless existence like himself.

Why, why did this bastard get to enjoy his son while Ink had not.

He grabbed the child and fled, he stared into there innocent eyes.

Ink felt nothing, this was not his son.

They slipped from his hands into the void.

It was a relief when the other Ink found himself.

As he dusted, he wondered if Dream was still waiting for him.