Chapter Fifteen: Home Splatters

Happy late birthday philippaki as promised one update <3

"I can't believe I forgot" Dream said embarrassed, Ink chuckled nuzzling his mates neck.

"You we're a bit hyper focused" Ink teased.

"My baby was right there Ink" Dream protested.

"I know Dreamy, its cute" the soulless skeleton replied.

Dream pouted, pushing his mate a bit annoyed.

"Um.. Dream, this is my pet Hedwig" Palette.. no Harry, he had to remember that.

"Hello Hed... wig..." he trailed off, as he finally noticed the other creature in the ruins. An owl, the one creature he had a phobia of.

"Bark" the owl replied.

"Oi... I am not the pet!" Harry cried to the own, who shifted amused on the branch it was on.

The world seemed to fade around him.

"Dream!" Harry cried worriedly, as there parent fainted.

"I thought my phobia was over" Dream cried, all that therapy and a ghostly owl had them reeling.

"Hey, your therapist did say high stress moments could have you react didn't they. One reaction in over thirty years isn't bad" Ink pointed out.

"Your right..." Dream finally admitted "I think I should make another appointment"

"Probably best, since Hedwig stays with Harry"

Harry worried hovered as Dream recovered from fainting the child had a guilty cast to his face.

"Don't worry about it, my own phobia just surprised me.. its been years since I reacted" Dream assured him, not wanting to upset harry when he finally had him back.

"But..." Harry said looking guiltily towards Hedwig, Dream shivered as the owl looked at him with eyes that dared him to have a problem with her.

"She's your friend and family, I won't stop her from coming" Dream responded, a smile was his answer and he knew it was the right answer.

Hedwig gave her bark like hoot, totally amused.

Great now he was an owls entertainment.

"Lets get home"

"Its an owl Dream, just relax.. remember what the Doctor said. They can't hurt you, there not that smart" Ink said cheerfully.

Sadly, Dream had a feeling Hedwig was a lot smarter then most monsters.

Father and son looked at each other, while soulless Ink did know how to love even without paints. But he'd taken some as soon as Dream said he'd located Palette, he didn't want to scare him off.

His Soulless state scared off enough beings as it was.

"Hello Harry" Ink said, having to force himself not to rush to grab and hug them.

They'd been so tiny and fragile when he last saw them, they'd missed so must due to the invader Ink.

Looking at them, he could see parts of Dream and himself in there face.

"Um.. hi..." Harry said nervously, everything was a bit awkward at the moment.

There was silence for a moment.

"You can hug me" Harry said, Ink took a deep breath and hugged his still tiny son feeling relief at having them in his arms.

"No more trips into the void for you" Ink told them tightly.

"I think I can do that"

"Its like a dream Dream, like if I go to sleep he'll be home" Ink admitted, peering towards a wall where he knew harry sleepy. Even now he could make out the sound of them moving as they slept, and the soft barks of the owl as it rested on an own perch he had painted into existence for it.

At the moment Harry slept in a guest room, tomorrow they'd have to find out what did he want to change his nursery into.

"We're awake, and he'll be here in the morning" Dream smiled.

"In the morning" Ink grinned, and turned off the bedside lamp.

Soon enough they we're both asleep.