You Think Too Much

Holy crap.

Derek is kissing her.

Right now.

She’s wished for this moment for 14 years!

And crap! Now, he’s pulling away, because she’s too busy with her racing thoughts to kiss him back.

“You think too much.” Derek says (like he knows her just that well, and face it, she thinks, he actually does, and shit, how could she be so oblivious for so damn long?!) He chuckles quietly (like he can hear her damn thoughts or something), and lifts a hand to gently swipe her beautifully wild hair out of her face.

“Sorry.” Stiles mumbles, mainly because she’s dumbstruck right now and doesn’t know what else to say.

Derek puffs out another quiet chuckle, leans his forehead down against hers (enjoys the tiny hitch of breath his sensitive ears pick up over her thudding heart.) “Don’t think.” He whispers, his own breath hitching when her wide amber orbs settle on him. “Just kiss me.”

He slowly leans again, and this time, when his lips press to hers, Stiles is ready for it, and holy frigging crap, the moment he kisses her, she swears that her mind finally stops racing; finally halts; finally empties. And Stiles has never felt so much peace as her hands quickly find his lightly stubbled cheeks and bring him closer.

Derek presses a smile to her lips. One hand settles over her waist, bringing her front flush against his own. His other hand skates gently over her cheek, around to the back of her neck and up into those wonderfully soft thick locks.

He pulls her closer and crowds her in all at once, and Stiles all too eagerly opens her mouth when she feels his tongue flickering against her lips. She bites back a moan out of embarrassment when his tongue meets her own, but in doing so, she can’t help sucking his bottom lip into her mouth and biting down on it. She still feels mortified for that split second before he’s letting out a low groan. His other hand reaches up to cup her cheek as he moves his lips and tongue more enthusiastically against her own.

Derek slowly backs them both up, smirks into their heated kiss when the bed touches the backs of her knees and she lets presses a surprised gasp to his lips as they both go tumbling down. He only lets go so they don’t bump heads, smiles as she bounces a little and lets out that sweet little laugh of hers as he goes down with her. He’s careful not to put his weight on her, forearms and knees pressed to the mattress either side of her waist and head.

“OK, after we get done with some more smooches, you’re gonna need to explain HOW your smooches give me brain freeze, because holy crap on a cracker, that’s awesome!”

Derek chuckles as her hands slowly slide over his shoulders to link around the back of his neck. “Brain freeze? Isn’t that a bad thing?” He arches a brow, looks slightly confused, but it doesn’t matter.

All that matters is Stiles.

God, he really is pathetic.

He may (definitely will) need to talk to Scott about this whole cliché soul mate thing...

Physically, yes. Nobody likes brain freeze.” Stiles grins, tells him. “Without sounding corny as fuck – when you kissed me my mind went completely silent... for the first time in a long time.” She smiles bashfully, feels stupid, even though he’s not teasing her about it, simply staring back at her with a small smile.

“And that’s a good thing?” Derek asks, leans down so that their faces are just a mere inch apart.

Stiles smiles, nods lightly, causing their lips to almost meet again. “If you knew me, but at all, Derek, you wouldn’t even have to ask that question.”