Deliberate

Stiles feels all of them watching her, but most of all, she can feel Derek watching her. She dares a quick glance to him, sees him staring at her with that adorably concerned expression written all over his perfect face again. She moves her attention back to the tiny wrist in her hands, while asking Melissa, “Is it OK if I touch it?”

“Yeah. It’s not contagious.” Melissa replies, moves to stand beside Stiles to watch her work.

Stiles glances to Lydia and Jordan, who both give her a confirming nod to go ahead. Stiles nods back, slowly brushes her fingertips over the small red mark. She lifts her own wrist, then, places her mark next to Allie’s, and just like Red said; they’re both identical in shape... a shape that Stiles is now beginning to see form a lot faster. “What... the fudge...??” Her eyes widen, as do everyone else’s, but most of all, Kira is the one who looks the most horrified.

“Is that...??”

“Yeah.” Stiles nods, shares a dreaded look with the thunder kitsune.

Stiles stares down at the two identical kanjis now slapped on both her wrist and Allie’s – and thankfully, it doesn’t seem to pain Allie either, as the cute little hell-banshee sprog continues to snore softly.

“Self, Stiles. My favourite kanji. The only one you can always rely on. No matter what...”

Stiles closes her eyes as her heart slowly sinks down into her stomach as his words repeat in her mind – because now, there is no denying who’s really behind this...

Derek’s jaw tightens, because he remembers Stiles drawing the mark to show him years ago.

Scott, too, looks rather alarmed, and meanwhile, Melissa, Jordan and Malia all share looks of confusion.

And then, there’s Lydia, who’s eyes are wide with panic. “It’s him again, isn’t?” She glances to Stiles, her eyes then widening in absolute terror when Stiles’ lips slowly pull up into a rather cruel grin.

“Hello, Lydia. I’ve missed you, too...”

Lydia lets out a loud gasp, her chair tipping over as she launches herself up onto her feet.

“Red?” Stiles softly asks at the same time Derek also softly asks, “Lydia?”

“What the hell?” Malia scans the room for any threats, Scott doing the same as they both scent the air, but find nothing out of place (even Allie doesn’t give off any smells of sickness...)

“Whoa.” Jordan is by her side within the next moment, his hands clutching at her arms to keep her from stumbling back over the chair.

“It’s OK, angel. Your mommy just accidentally knocked a chair over. Go back to sleep. Both mommy and daddy are still here, don’t you worry about that. They’re not going anywhere.” Melissa softly whispers, runs her fingers gently through Allie’s hair when the girl stirs and whimpers in her light slumber.

All eyes are wide with either shock or concern, even Stiles’ face is looking back at her now with deep worry...

Lydia stares at Stiles’ face, for a moment, simply willing him to show himself again. But he doesn’t – Stiles’ face is no longer deathly pale with red ringed eyes of darkness. Instead, now, those lovely warm amber eyes are staring back at Lydia.

The others all still look concerned or wary, but Stiles knows that look on Red’s face right now – Stiles knows that look, because it’s the same one Stiles wears when she looks at herself in the mirror and only sees – “You saw him just now, didn’t you?”