Checkmate

‘You should know, I’m more of a Sansa fan than a Dani fan.’

Void Stiles arches a brow. “Is that supposed to mean something?”

Derek shoots him an odd look before going back to sulking. At least, until he figures out his next move.

‘Your story was real cute. But we both know it’s a load crap. For obvious reasons, I no longer enjoy riddles, but I do love a good story, and yours wasn’t it. Don’t tell me you forgot the story of the scorpion and frog...’ Stiles laughs, tells him, ‘You’re full of shit. You love what you do. I used to think it was the chasing and the death you loved. But it’s the deceiving that gives you a real thrill. The control. The power.’

Void Stiles scowls, confusion swarming his side of their mind only, while the other only shows confidence... smugness.

‘You didn’t choose me for power. You already have power. You chose me because you could. Because you don’t need to have power to be cruel.’

“Well –“ Void Stiles sniffs lightly, sarcasm laced with taunting. ”– all that deceiving still works up quite the appetite. You may not be as special as I made you out to be, but I still got what I wanted.”

“Stiles?” Derek’s eyes widen. “Stiles! I’m gonna fix this, I promise!

Void Stiles scoffs out a laugh. “Oh, yeah, you really look like you’re doing all you can.”

Derek glares, lets out a roar that ends in an even louder huff.

Void Stiles merely rolls her eyes at the little wolf.

‘True.’ Stiles says, sounds dejected.

Void Stiles’ smug smirk quickly drops when Stiles’ simply moves the conversation along with a highly (deeply irritating) chirpy tone.

‘So, like, now that you have me trapped, does that mean I can ask you questions and trust that you don’t need to lie to me anymore?’

Void Stiles’ eyes narrow in suspicion, but otherwise, nogitsune doesn’t see the harm as he huffs and mutters out, “Yes.”

‘Awesome.’ Stiles chimes, instantly delves in to her first question. ‘You’re aware that as well as you being able to see into my mind, I can see back into yours, right?’

Void Stiles feels mild confusion on his part, more irritation as he snips out, “Yes, I’m aware. Is this going to take long? I have shit to do.”

‘The spell to unleash my true potential as a spark. Got it. No, it won’t take long. Just one more question... for now.’

Void Stiles grits their teeth at her all too chirpy tone... maybe he’s finally broken her. He suddenly smirks at the thought. This will be easier than he thought.

‘Oh, yeah, I totally think you’ve finally broken me, too. Probably why I don’t hate you as much as I used... Huh. Wow. Being crazy is like having a weight lifted. Thanks, guy.’

What is your question?!” Void Stiles snaps.

Derek eyes him curiously, has to hide a smirk when he realises Stiles is using her awesome powers of sarcasm and annoyance on this idiot ancient evil fox spirit. His thoughts are confirmed when the nogitsune shoots him a glare for smirking.

‘Whoa! Cool it!’ Stiles snips half-heartedly back, forces the image of her pouting through their mind.

“Stop that!”