Fun Sized

Derek roars, eyes burning, fangs and claws bared. Though, when he tries to leap forward, the other two Oni simply draw and hold up both their katanas, and Derek is frozen in place (only it’s not like with the kanima, he can still feel every nerve ending... feel them being crushed with his fucking heart ripping in two. Yes, he’s still dramatic!) “Stiles!” (And) he can still talk without struggling as he feels the tears already welling up and stinging his eyes. He blinks them away, lets them roll down and stain his cheeks, all the while continuing with all his strength to move just one inch closer to her.

“I’m... OK.” Stiles softly pants out to him, though, she keeps her focus.

Derek feels some relief wash over him, but he can hear the strain in her voice. “Stiles –“

“He’s just... putting up bit more... of a fight... than I thought he had... left.” Stiles grits her teeth, eyes narrowing in anger when she feels the nogitsune push back against the blade inside of them.

Derek watches then as the Oni struggles, their boots even sliding back a few inches. The blade lodged in Stiles’ chest doesn’t seem to bother her, which he’s highly thankful for, but he can still feel her straining to the point of almost being in pain.

“I need all of me!” Stiles demands.

The two Oni swirl instantly away from the wolf and back to their master.

Derek watches as they flank the third Oni, his eyes widening slowly back into awe when Stiles’ entire body begins to glow. Meanwhile, it also looks like a damn star is igniting inside of her skull again, just like that night in the forest, only even fricking brighter.

“Oh... no... you don’t!” Stiles takes her hands from the katana lodged in her chest. The two flanking Oni lift their katanas up for her, and Stiles latches a hand around each blade and holds on tight.

‘I WILL FIND A WAY BACK, YOU WHORE! I ALWAYS DO! AND THEN, YOU WILL FUCKING PAY –‘

Stiles laughs, while Derek’s eyes follow the thin trail of black smoke seeping from her hands and chest. Stiles watches the nogitsune’s spirit being torn apart, bit by bit, her smile widening with each part her ‘Eternal Flame’ quite literally gobbles up. Stiles fucking devours the bastard, once and for all, and she enjoys every fucking second of it.

Stiles glows so brightly, the katanas glowing even brighter still. Derek tries to look away, but can’t, feels his retinas sizzling and healing, and then, sizzling and healing all over again. He’s never healed so fast before, immediately knows it’s her healing him (intentionally or not, he doesn’t know.) A small smile tugs at the ends of his lips as he watches this beautiful creature that he’s somehow lucky enough to be with (to even know existed.)

The katanas slice through the palms of her hands, but it’s not blood that pours from Stiles, only more light. She slowly turns her head to face Derek’s wide eyed expression, smiles brightly, because – “I can feel it. The Spark.”

Derek only looks on with bewilderment now added to the list. He watches her turn back to face her Oni, who are glowing almost as bright as Stiles herself. He watches her let go of the katanas, watches the light instantly knitting her flesh neatly back together. He watches her hold out her arms, watches the two flanking Oni sheath their katanas, latch on to an arm each and then... Derek blinks as he watches them literally phase into Stiles’ body as they twist their own to seemingly almost collide against her. The bright light emanating from Stiles and her last Oni with the katana still buried in her chest then finally give off a glow so bright, this time, Derek has to screw his eyes shut. Even then, it’s still too bright, he barely manages to block it with his arm on top.