𝖔𝖓𝖊

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

deianyra velaryon remained seated on the sofa while her brothers tended to the dragon egg that was warming in the mini pot. her eyes were focused and her expression was calm yet if looked closely, her fingers were picking at the skin on the sides of her nails and the quiet tapping of her foot was hidden beneath her dress. 

ser laenor was no longer to be seen after a maid rushed into the room to inform him of the arrival of the new babe.

a new addition to the velaryon household.

it worried her every time her mother went through the labors for the first time she was exposed to the screams of pain was in the dawn of the morning when her mother fell asleep next to her while she was singing the little girl to sleep.

out came lucerys velaryon during midday.

she was excited to have a new little brother to play with so she ducked under the arms of several maids and guards, even laenor, to see her mother but was met with the sight of blood on the sheets and the pale skin of rhaenyra targaryen. the little girl was only about 4 and 2 quarters yet the memory was so ingrained in her mind and seeing luke even makes her cringe sometimes. but she knows to reprimand herself for such thoughts as he was only just a baby and was innocent to any acts of violence against their mother.

ser harwin stood behind the couch she sat on and he, too, had an anxious worry that formed evidently on his forehead. the lines crinkled across the skin and his gaze made habit of drifting from the door to the boys.

nyra turned around and she looked up at harwin.

"ser harwin, what is taking mother and father so long? is something the matter? she has never taken this long before-"

the smile on the kind commander's face stopped her and he placed a hand on her shoulder. 

"the Mother will take care of the princess, my lady. your mother is a fighter, give her time and let her heal from the wounds of her battles"

alas, her mother emerges through the doors and nyra quickly stood to help her sit down.

"shall i call for a cloth, mother?" asks nyra upon seeing the sweat still beading on the princess' forehead.

rhaenyra smiled softly and weakly brushed nyra's arm with her hand to calm her worry.

"i'm quite alright for now, sweet girl" 

she was only allowed a little bit of peace for a few seconds before the boys turned her attention on the present for the new babe. 

"a dragon egg. that looks like the perfect one. were you a part of this, nyra?" the girl shook her head.

"i did not directly participate in the stealing of the egg but i supervised and ser harwin took us, mother" rhaenyra chuckled at her daughter's answer and patted her leg.