𝖘𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

deianyra hated the sea.

the rough waters they sailed on from dragonstone to king's landing was enough to make her permanently leaning over the edge and spit out her breakfast that morning. jacaerys did try to help her and he did hold her hair up for her that eventually led him to braiding it so she didn't need him anymore.

"teaching you how to do my hair has finally paid off, brother?" asks nyra while jace's fingers wove themselves into her hair.

she cringes when he pulled hard in response to her question.

"you forced me to learn"

"ah, same thing"

after he was finished, jace stayed to keep her company and eventually was joined by luke. their little brother, joffrey, and step-sister, rhaena, remained with their mother and the babes.

"can we explore the castle when we arrive?"

jace ruffled luke's hair.

"i doubt you remember your way around" replied jace.

nyra smiles through her sickly form and rests her head on the wood.

"the keep admittedly seems like a dream. when i remember that castle, the memories are hazy"

she remembers the pork pie that was served every night for supper.

she remembers the garden and the weirwood tree.

she remembers the smell of the embers from the fire as she sat in front of it and read books.

she missed king's landing.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

the carriage was shared between the 3 oldest siblings while the other carriage had the other members of the family.

she surely did not miss the cobblestones of the roads.

nyra was given time to fix herself from the tumultuous boat ride to the keep and her hair was undone from jace's meticulous braid.

her palms were sweating because of the thought that she will see the other side of her family again. the last time she was around them, aemond's eye was gone and she swore revenge on alicent hightower.

her blood will be spilt. no matter what.

but gods, she will see aemond again.

what of the many years of separation between them?

she waited for ravens, searched for any sort of sign that he has not forgotten about her.

but one can only hope for so long before giving up.