𝖙𝖍𝖗𝖊𝖊

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

lunch was tense.

laenor wasn't present and the children was still too deep in losing the beloved shield but nyra watched her mother as she simply nudged her food around her plate. joffrey was being taken cared of by his wetnurse and they all ate in silence.

"mother, is it not to your liking?" asks nyra causing the older woman to look up and smile gently.

"my appetite has left me, my dear. but yours hasn't, so eat. don't worry about me" she scrunched her nose.

"but mother, ser harwin is gone. who is left to tend to you except for us?" 

rhaenyra tries not to show it but her first-born is her favorite child. perhaps, the reflection between mother and daughter caused this bias yet rhaenyra knew it was of how deianyra cared for her as if she was the child. it pained rhaenyra to hide who this child was but the little girl never questioned her parentage like how jace did. 

deianyra was content with what she had and never questioned what was out of place.

"eat, my children. for it will be a long journey ahead of us"

the siblings looked at each other, confused.

what does she mean?

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

the boys wanted to go off on adventures but nyra found herself rather tired so she made her way towards the library for light reading. she preferred the safety of the stone walls rather than venturing to the outside where unknowns reigned superior. the doors of the library made a loud creak and a sound that echoed down the long hall before she quickly closed it. 

shelves that reached the top of the ceiling were filled with books of knowledge from dragons to scriptures from high septons of aegon the conqueror's reign. due to her shorter height, she could only reach the guides of potion-making but she was able to grab the leather-bound book of dragons.

How to Train Your Dragon by Hiccup Haddock III

interesting enough.

she took residency at the side chair in front of the window that was overlooking the city and began to read.

"why read about dragons when you don't possess one yourself?"

aemond's voice came from behind her and she turned her head.

"would it hurt you to announce your presence rather than sneak up on me, uncle?"

he cracked a small smile before he sat on the chair next to hers.