𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖊

warning: ;)

warning: ;)

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

that night, deianyra couldn't sleep.

the problems and anxiety that has built up since they've arrived regarding luke's inheritance and her grandfather's illness to an unlikely thought: aemond.

the feelings of admiration has faded into something else.

everywhere she turns, it seems he was right there.

his sharp eyes dug its way into her skin and pierces the deepest parts of her consciousness. the reflections on the glass windows and the metal of a chalice created manifestations of his face.

she hated how he made her feel so angry, so hurt, in the short time they spent together.

it felt like deja vu from years before and she felt like she was a little girl again. the light flickered as the fire danced on the candlestick and her hands trembled from the wind that blew past her and hit her through her thin nightshirt.

she wanted to get something to drink since she forgot to ask the maids for a glass of water before they bid her goodnight.

her feet were bare and pressing on the cold stone quietly but she heard footsteps behind her that were definitely created by boots. they were heavier and they stomped faster than her pace causing her to hurry and find a room to hide.

it has been tense.

her mother had warned her to tread lightly on these fragile halls.

therefore, finding the princess awake late at night could raise some suspicions as this was their first night here.

she turned around a corner but to her dismay, it was a corridor that had no return. the dead-end was two large, oak doors and she prayed to the gods that it might just be a stash room.

her feet quickened pace and she clutched the candleholder tightly with one hand while the other held her dress so she wouldn't trip over her own feet. the steps were getting closer and she gripped the knob before turning and pushing heavily on it to enter inside. as quickly as she entered, she shut the door and backed away from it, eyes trained on the wood but she frowned when she didn't expect a wall behind her.

the candle was her only source of light so it didn't make clear of her surroundings but she didn't mind as there was no noise and the steps weren't coming closer to the door.

she will wait for just a few seconds before she can leave-

a hand reached from the darkness behind her and over her mouth while another arm wrapped itself around her waist causing her to drop the candle and for her elbow to reflexively go back.