𝖙𝖊𝖓

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

deianyra woke up in cold sweat.

her eyes opened due to the harsh sunlight and she cringes before closing them again causing her to not know where she was.

she groans as she remembers the horrible dream she had last night that involved aemond and a night of succumbing to carnal pleasures. but when she stretches, her arm nudges something beside her and damn the light, her eyes flew open and she feared for the worst.

nyra quickly swooped her hand under her pillow, expecting to find the dagger she keeps for safety and she grabbed it before leaping out of bed.

her eyes quickly scanned the room but she found that her arm nudged a pillow that was beside her.

curious.

she never puts a pillow next to her but there it was, innocently laying there as if it was placed to prevent her from falling off the bed.

just now does nyra realize how sweaty she was and her thin, white nightdress stuck to her skin causing the coldness of the room to make her skin tingle. she sighed in relief at the reassurance that she was still in her own room and last night was nothing but a nightmare.

nyra's bare feet were cold as they were touching the stone floor but she climbed back in bed to hopefully get some more sleep.

a knock on her door made her eyes open again and she first thought it was the servants so she got up to put her robe on and made her way to the wooden doors.

she expected it to be a maid but to her surprise, she saw her brother. luke's downcast eyes and shifting feet made her immediately welcome him in.

"luke? what's wrong?" she asks as he walked to sit on the couch in front of the fireplace and nyra joins him. "what has happened?"

her gentle questions made the boy sigh and his fingers fidgeted on his lap.

"i'm nervous about today" his quite voice got nyra to put an arm around him and pull him close.

"about what? about driftmark? vaemond velaryon won't touch you nor win. grandfather still lives and papa will protect us-"

"i've seen the king, nyra. he looks a breath away from the grave" he snaps.

nyra turns to him. "luke, look at me"

the little boy turns and looks up at her eyes.

they were violet.

luke always thought his older sister was the image of his mother, beautiful and perfect. the ideal heir for the throne.

he was no fool.

he knows that nyra was a true velaryon and targaryen.

her existence alone proved the illegitimacy of him and jace because they were plain compared to the beautiful goddess that walks beside them.