𝖊𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

the brothers chose to stay in the training grounds while deianyra wanted to go walk around the castle to escape. relief filled her body when she saw aemond accepting a shield from a servant so she hurried her steps up the stairs but she only made it a few steps before a voice called out to her.

"princess"

aemond's voice has grown deeper since they were children. it startled her as she turned her head to look at him and his face.

of course, nyra. he grew up like you.

aemond's one eye pierced its way to her face as if she was a foreign creature.

"won't you watch us train?" he asks but she bowed politely.

"my apologies, my prince. i thought to explore the castle as you know it's been years since i've been" she answers.

taking account of her reply, aemond hands the shield and sword to the servant before walking towards her. the crowd parted and along with her brothers, they all watched the interaction.

they weren't familiar of the old fondness the prince held for his niece but now, they only saw a one-sided hostility between strangers.

she stayed rooted in her spot until prince aemond stood beside her.

"it would be rude of me to not show the princess around the castle. after all, she is my guest" nyra grew uncomfortable at the look he gave her and she wanted to walk by herself but the prince held out his arm.

"will you do me the honor, princess?"

he knew she had no choice but to comply under the eyes of many.

this was definitely not her aemond.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

they walked down the hall and her arm was still around his despite the lack of an audience.

it was silent between them. the only sound coming from their footsteps and the bustle of servants around them.

deianyra feared that he could hear the fast beat of her heart if he got too close while aemond peered down at her, amused.

"how are you, niece?" 

deianyra remembers that aemond never addressed her by her name, it was always either 'niece' or 'princess'.

curious.

"dragonstone has treated me well" she answered.

aemond frowned at the monotone way she spoke.

"is something the matter? has something upset you already?" nyra looks up at him.