Chapter 3 - The Death Song of Uther Pendragon

Arthur and Merlin watched Gaius examine the horn. "The Horn of Cathbhadh. When Uther attacked the Isle of the Blessed, the horn of Cathbhadh was smuggled to safety before the temple fell. It hasn't been heard of since."

Then, Ava and Isabelle looked at it as well. "I have heard stories." Ava remarked.

Arthur nodded. "The old woman said it could be used to open a door to the spirit world."

"I have seen it with my own eyes. Long before the time of the Great Purge, I took part in such ceremonies. Each year at Beltane, the High Priestesses would gather at the Great Stones of Nemeton and summon the spirits of their ancestors. It holds powerful magic." Gaius returned the Horn to Arthur. "You must keep it safe." Gaius looked knowingly at Merlin.

----------------

The Knights, Arthur, Isabelle, Ben, Elizabeth and various Courtiers were feasting. Arthur sat next to Isabelle, at the top of the table, looking pensive and stoic, in contrast to the jovial atmosphere of the feast. "I'm going to retire." Arthur told to Isabelle.

"Do you want me to go with you?" Isabelle asked him.

Arthur nodded. "If you would."

"Alright." Isabelle nodded as then they stood up and left. Merlin watched them go.

-------------------

Later, Arthur sat at the table, fiddling with the Horn of Cathbhadh, Isabelle sat on the bed. Then there was a knock at the door. Arthur contemplated being seen with the Horn and quickly grabbed a large bowl of apples, overturning it and tossing apples all over the floor. He flipped the bowl over and hides the Horn under it. Merlin entered, to an array of floor-apples rolling around. He looked dubiously at the apples. "What are you doing?"

"Nothing." Arthur replied.

Then, Isabelle added. "Thinking."

Merlin started to pick up the apples. "You thinking? Well, now I'm really getting worried."

"Shut up." Arthur comment.

"Oh, please, Arthur, when you think, its something serious." Isabelle added. "Cause, I have seen that look."

Then, Merlin began to pick up the upside down bowl, but Arthur smacked it back down to the table. "Leave it."

Merlin frowned. "Why?"

"He's thinking." Isabelle replied.

"Because I'm telling you to and I'm the King of Camelot. Not that that seems to mean anything to you." Arthur added. Merlin pretended to give up on the bowl, making like he's about to pick up a pitcher, then tried to grab the bowl again. Arthur stopped him. They look at each other, challenging. Beat. "Ready the horses and gather some supplies."

Merlin frowned. "Uh, where are we going?"

"You don't need to know." Arthur pointed a spoon in Merlin's face. "Do not breathe a word of this to anyone."

"You're threatening me with a spoon?" Merlin asked.

"He does." Isabelle replied.

Then, there was a loud smack. "Ow!" Merlin exclaimed.

-------------

A few days later, there had been strange thing going on. Like a presents following the knights or things just moved on its own. Like now, Isabelle was alone in the hallway, she was walking down the hallway. An ominous wind followed her. She stopped and turned, but no one was there. She continued. Something rattled, and banged. Isabelle stopped again, and turned around. "Is someone there?" She frowned as no one replied.