Chapter 6 - The Dark Tower

It’s been a few weeks, in that weeks Morgana recovered from Morgause’s grasp. She went to her cheery self, well as she could be. Arthur was very busy t o get magic permitted again, but it was in vain, the council members don’t want to listen. They like it just the way when Uther was king, but he wasn’t and Arthur had to came up with to get magic permitted again. Hopefully he will get it done. And Abel came back, he went to serve Arthur as one of his knights. As of now the cousins were riding and they were in the forest, with couple of knights. Isabelle glanced at Abel. “I’m glad that you are back, Abel.”

“Me too.” Abel comment.

“Sorry if I say it often, but I mean it.” Isabelle told him.

Abel shrugged. “It’s okay, but don’t say it too often. When you say too often I would feel like you don’t mean it.”

“If I say it every day, I would still mean it, cause you are family, cousin.” Isabelle comment, smiling.

“Slime Ball.” Gwaine comment to her.

“I agree.” Leon added.

“I don’t agree to that, she is my cousin.” Abel told them all.

Isabelle glanced at them. “Well, you are the only people, who can speak to me like that.”

“That’s why we do it, sweetheart.” Gwaine winked.

“I know.” Isabelle comment.

Just then, they went into an open field and a snake slithered up to their horses and scared them. Leon and Percival were thrown off their horses. “Run. Run.” Gwaine called.

Abel looked at Isabelle. “You're still the Queen, get to the trees. Go!”

Isabelle nodded and went on her horse, she ride into the trees and run into Morgause. she tried to run away, cause she can’t use magic with the knight’s to close, but Morgause used a spell to pull her backwards off her horse, knocking her out. “Sleep, milady. It could be some time before you do so again.” Morgause snarled.

-----------------------------------------------

Isabelle was lying on the forest grounds. Morgause basically poked her and she woke up. “Good morning my lady.” She snarled.

Isabelle looked at her. “What do you want with me?”

“I thought we could play a little game.” Morgause replied.

“Why a game?” Isabelle asked.

Morgause looked at her. “Just to find out how much Arthur loves you.”

“It won't work.” Isabelle scoffed.

“You underestimate his feelings?” Morgause asked.

Isabelle looked at her. “He's not stupid.” She replied, scoffing.

“We'll see.” Morgause comment.

“He'll know you've taken me. He'll know it’s a trap.” Isabelle told her.

“He will.” Morgause nodded. “But he'll still come.”

--------------------------------------------

Isabelle was tied up, but was looking for a way out, she couldn’t find it and she was thinking of a spell to get out, but she didn’t know of one yet. Morgause was dragging her through the desert and they came into view of the Dark Tower. Then, Isabelle realised that, Morgause didn’t know she had magic as well as then Morgause off her horse and grabbed Isabelle as they went inside. Morgause started to take Isabelle up a long flight of the stairs. Isabelle was still looking for a way out, but was difficult as Morgause didn’t know of her magic, she didn’t care much, not now. “Keep moving.” Morgause ordered her.

“Where are you taking me?” Isabelle asked.

“You'll find out.” Morgause replied.

They were climbing all the way up to the top. Morgause opened a door and Isabelle hesitated to get inside but did it anyway, so she could think of a plan. Isabelle looked around. “What is this place?”

“Sleep well.” Morgause mocked.

“Morgause...?” Isabelle stated to run toward the door as Morgause shut it and locked her inside the room. Isabelle turned around and started walking more into the room. Then the screams filled the room causing Isabelle to plug her ears and she couldn’t think anymore.

---------------------------------------

Isabelle sat on the ground, looking around her as she could hear the screams. She had to get away, but only she could think! If Morgause thought she was weak, then she was wrong. She was stronger than she looks and if only she could get out of the room! Then, the door opened and Morgause walked in. “Come... let us have something to eat.” She lead Isabelle out the room. This was what she need!

-----------------

Morgause was feeding Isabelle some food at the table. “Eat. Here. Food always makes me feel better. Would you prefer some chicken...? You must eat. You are fading away.”

Isabelle hesitated. “I do not know what cruel trick you are playing but I will not be broken by you.”

“I thought this would be nice. I know how lonely you must be. All by yourself in that room. At least you're not shackled. There's daylight. You can move. You can see.” Morgause comment.

Isabelle scoffed. “You expect me to be grateful?”

“I too have suffered, Isabelle. I spent two years living in darkness. I spent two years chained to a wall in the bottom of a pit... You did not know?” Morgause asked as Isabelle looked at her and shook with her head. “I would have sold my soul for someone to show me kindness such as this. Do you want me to take you back up there?”

“No, I can find it in my own way.” Isabelle shook with her head and stood up, snatching some food with her. And she walked out of the room. “Finally.” She whispered. “I need to think.” Then, she went slowly on the stairs and started to think. ‘Wáce ierlic!’ She thought. ‘That’s one I can do towards Morgause.’ She sighed. ‘Oferswing.’ She thought deeply. ‘That’s another.’ She thought further as she was still walking up. ‘Learh fearnancai. For to lock. Onstyrian, onbregdan. For to unlock.’ She thought as she was almost up. When she was up, she found the room with screaming and is was loud. Then, she held her hand up and locked it. Then, she found another room and mirrored the effect and so that Morgause could find her.

--------------

Later, it was evening and Isabelle was laying on the ground, almost asleep. When, Morgause unlocked the door and came in. “I thought you might like to dine with me?” She asked as Isabelle looked at her. “Come. You must eat or you will fade away.”

“No!” Isabelle shouted. Then, she held her hand up and shouted. “Wáce ierlic!”

Morgause was thrown into the wall, but stood up again. “You have magic!? Why didn’t I noticed it before.”

“Because i haven’t shown it to you.” Isabelle rolled with her eyes. “Oferswing.” She shouted.

Morgause used a counter spell and Isabelle was knocked out. “Good to know.” She snarled as then she left.

-------------------

Isabelle sat on the floor, Morgause had to put her back and the screams were louder now, ever since she know about her magic. She was whimpering. “Don't look you'll be alright... don't look you'll be alright... d-don't lo-ok... don't look you'll be alright. Huh, hu. Huh, hu.”

Then, she head a voice, Arthur’s voice and he sounded evil. “Isabelle...”

Isabelle looked at him. “Huh?! Arthur?.... No. I know it's not you. I know it's not you. I know it's not you. I know it's not you.” She waved with her arm.

“Isabelle. Look at me.” Evil Arthur told her as he walked slowly to her.

“I know it's not you.” Isabelle called.

“Please...” He pleaded.

Isabelle shook with her head. “I know it's not you.”

Evil Arthur walked closer to her. “It's me. It's Arthur.”

Isabelle shook with her head. “I know it's not you.”

“See? It's me. It's Arthur. You're safe now.” Evil Arthur told her. Isabelle looked at him. “Hahahahahahahahaha.”

Then Isabelle heard laughter everywhere. “Aaaaahhhhhhh.”

-----------------

Isabelle was pacing around. “Aaaaaaahhhhhh. Uhhhh-huh.  Aaaaahhhhhh.  Uuuh-huh-huh.  Aaaaaahhhhh.”

Then, Morgause walked up to her. “It's all right. It's all right. I'm here.” She reached out to her and went into embrace. “I'm here. My darling I was wrong to make you suffer. The mandrake root is cruel. Pierces the depths of your very soul. Pushes you into the very mere consciousness of what you fear and dread. Isabelle, you have been so courageous but it was necessary. Isabelle, you're not alone now. You need never be alone again. I am the only one you can trust. I am the only one you have left in the world. The others torment you, hate you.... Come.” Then, Isabelle grabbed her hand and started to leave with her. “You need some rest, some proper rest.”

Then, Isabelle realized what she was doing and pulled away from her. “No. Whatever twisted game you are playing, I want no part in it. I would rather stay here and die.”

--------------------

Much later, Abel rushed on the stairs, not hearing the shouts from others anymore and he went into the room, where Isabelle was trapped with a sword guarding her. “Isabelle!”

Isabelle looked at him. “Abel! Cousin!”

Abel looked at her, frowning. “What has she done to you?” Then, he attempted to her past the sword to her.

Isabelle held her hand up. “No, don't. It will not let you pass. Morgause enchanted it to protect me. You can't free me, Abel. Leave me here, please.”

“No!” Abel shouted.

“You cannot overcome it. It will fight to the death.” Isabelle warned him. Abel started to fight the sword. Then, he fight for a while as then the sword stabbed him. “Huh! Abel go save yourself.” Abel continued to fight the sword and outwits it by making it go out of a window and shut it. Then, the sword went into the shutter and was still. Abel collapsed and Isabelle rushed over to him. “I...I'm here. I'm here.”

Abel looked up at her. “For a moment, I didn't think I was going to win.”

“Our family would be proud of you.” Isabelle told him.

“And of you. So proud.” Abel told her as he slowly died in Isabelle arms as then, Arthur and the rest of the knights rushed in, looking around. Then, Arthur saw Isabelle grieving over Abel and went to her side, then he sat down with her.

----------------------

Later, there was a burial for Abel. A knight flings a flaming arrow at Abel’s boat burial. Arthur went to stand with Isabelle and her family. He put a arm around Isabelle. Merlin and Ava looked on as Merlin comment to Gaius. “I was warned that one of us would not return.”

“It's not your fault Merlin.” Gaius told him.

“It isn’t.” Ava added.

Merlin looked at them. “Abel is dead.”

Gaius looked at him. "The sword that Abel fell brave to was surely intended for Arthur. Now he is safe. And so is Isabelle.”

“Indeed.” Ava added as Merlin looked at them and sighed, but nodded.

----------------------

Later, Arthur and Isabelle were in their chambers. Arthur was asleep with his arm around Isabelle, but sge stirred awake. And leaves the room walking out of the castle. Isabelle walked into the forest and hugged Morgause. “How is he?” Morgause asked.

Isabelle smirked. “Arthur thinks he has won. He has no idea.”

“Do you understand now who you can trust?” Morgause asked.

Isabelle nodded. “It's you Morgause. It's only ever been you.”

“You are not one of them. And you never will be.” Morgause told her.

“You don't know how much I hate them. All of them.” Isabelle scoffed.

“You have done well to see past the lies to the real truth. You have an important part to play in the future. Together we will ensure the destruction of everything that Arthur holds dear.” Morgause told her.