|Couldn't Find The Words|

!! (gn! reader) !!

-

Hamato Leonardo has no shame when it comes to showing his love for his family.

He's not only affectionate towards his brothers and father, but with random strangers and friends. Of course, he knows his boundaries and understands when to stop. He would never want to make others uncomfortable.

You were absolutely an exception. Since the both of you got together, Leo has become even more affectionate. You'd both sometimes spend the day doing nothing but cuddle in Leo's room and nap all day. The brothers would sometimes walk by and make faces at you guys, teasing Leo. Physical affection was no problem.

Leo would often say his love for you, although he never said the words, "I love you." He would shower you with compliments on the daily and you would do the same. He would flirt with you and share some of his romantic one liners and if he was lucky enough, you would too.

"It's so clear that the two of you are in love, it's like watching an old married couple." Donnie said to Leo, facing away from his brother.

It was a few minutes after you left the lair from your daily visits and Leo came in his twin brother's room to bother him. "We are just clearly meant to be, Don. I can't express my love for them." Leo sighed in a dreamy smile.

Donatello suddenly stopped working on his computer and slowly turned around to face his brother. "Yeah but,..." He began his sentence as his tone of voice makes Leo confused. "...have you guys actually ever said 'I love you' to one another? I mean, saying the term love is really big and maybe, I dunno, too soon?"

Leo, now sitting straight up, processed his brother's words. "Well, I hope (Y/N) loves me! I mean, I love and appreciate them so much, I-I can't imagine myself without them." Leo stutters his words, picking at his gloves nervously. It's strange that Donnie's statement made Leo this way. It wasn't like him. There was a new emotion that made its way to your relationship. Fear.

Donnie could see how worried he made his brother and cleared his throat. "Uh, well, I'm sure you have nothing to worry about. (Y/N) is a great person and I'm sure they don't want to break your heart." Donnie sends a reassuring look to Leo, nodding quickly before resuming his work.

Leo smiles softly, appreciating his brother's efforts, but he couldn't shake off the feeling of doubt. He carefully walked out of the room.

Leonardo hated feeling like this. He hated doubting in himself and worrying about his future. Everyday his anxiety eats him alive. But, Leo knew you. He knew that you would have such strong feelings about him as he did for you.

As his confidence started rising once again, he continued on with his day.

-

"They love me, they love me not, they love me, they love me not!"

"Hey uhh, what's up with Leon?" Mikey had just walked into the kitchen, finding his older brother hunched over the counter, picking at a small flower, talking to himself over and over.

Raph peeped his head out the kitchen doorway, tilting his head in a confused gaze. "I dunno, I haven't seen him like this since before asking (Y/N) out. It must have something to do with them. He shrugged, walking away from the situation to continue putting up decorations.

It was the next night and the brothers invited both April and you to a movie night. Leo had remembered his conversation with Donnie the other day and decided to form a plan to ease his thoughts.

"They love me not!" Leo screams, sulking himself out on the counter. Clearly, his plan has yet to set in motion.

"Hey Neon Leon." Mikey walked up to him in a soothing tone. "What's all this about?"