| Curiosity ~ Pt. 2 of Home |

!! (f! reader) !!
{they/them pronouns are used}

[tw]: cursing (duh!)

-

It certainly didn't take you long enough to find out that Leo was a mutant. Your composed self freaked him out more than you had with his appearance.

Despite your unusual reaction, Leonardo couldn't help his anxious feelings.

As his brothers and he had gotten older, they each reached out on finding independence on their own. And so, this brought on a new fear Leonardo didn't know he had; meeting new people. This was due to events after the Krang attack a few years back.

So, why did he have the sudden urge to talk to you?

Sure, he did promise himself and his family that he go out more and meet new people, mutants, and humans alike, and it was no surprise he was very social with others. However, just like it's easy enough to befriend others, it's also easy enough to lose them. Leonardo had told himself this many times. He just couldn't bare almost losing his loved ones and he cannot repeat that same mistake. After meeting you, though, he felt an impulsive yearning to meet you. To get to know you. You somehow caught his eye with your clumsy determined self.

Leo's perpetual and horrid nightmare had come true.

Turns out April had also known you and things just got better from there.

After a few days of meeting him and getting to know his family, you've grown close to Leonardo. This made you feel more comfortable living in the city. You had an odd bunch of friends that knew the city well and would help you often if needed, and vice versa.

"Off to another date, Leonardo?"

A voice pulled the turtle out of his tense thoughts, whipping the tails of his mask toward the direction. Donatello stood near the entrance of his brother's subway cart room, hands crossed and a smug expression placed on his face. Leo scoffs, "If you're asking me if I'm going to hang with (Y/N) today, the answer is yes. It's not considered a date if I haven't officially asked them out."

Donnie clicks his tongue, not convinced by Leo's words, "Whatever helps you sleep at night, my friend. May I ask where the two of you are going this time?"

"I promised to take them through Central Park tonight."

The past week, Leo, like promised, had been giving you a proper tour of New York City. In time for the holidays, he had taken you to most touristy spots and places that he personally loved. You've declared that rooftop views were you're favorite.

He slipped on his winter combat boots and grabs his leather jacket that sat on the edge of his bed. The neat placement almost seemed like he had put it there the night before like an excited schoolboy. Donnie laughs.

"And why during this hour? Walking through a tourist-filled during this time is terrible, ya know?" The soft shell claims, before gasping dramatically. "Wait a minute. Isn't tonight supposed to be the year's first snow?"

"Yeah?" Leo looks back up at his twin.

"I know the odds of snow tonight are unfavorable. You're planning something, aren't you?" Donnie glares at his brother grinning mischievously.

"Alright, I'm done with your investigation. Tell Raph I might be back late," Leo exits the room, slightly pushing back his brother who had already started laughing uncontrollably.

"Already on my way to place bets with everyone thanks!"

-

It had rained the entire day.