| Our Bodies Tell Stories |

!! (gn! reader) !!

{Requested by Iliketodraw2007}
(see end of chapter for more)
this chapter was a pain in the ass, lemme tell you that. otherwise, this was a challenging chapter! thank you to the reader who requested this! enjoy my shitty writing <3

- vanichee -

[tw] cursing, mentions of medical practices, and unaliving oneself

-

Leo was used to his brothers' harsh yet true words.

They would point out every small wrong thing he did and it would just drive the slider crazy to the brink where he became ignorant and tuned them out. He knows now that they are merely looking out for him—the very way he looks out for them.

Leonardo couldn't conceive a life without his brothers. He had already admitted that he was incomplete without them. The strength in his family's bond was something that could never be broken, he had finally learned to properly value this. Despite these mutual understanding, Leonardo still felt undone. He is a precious treasure chest full of glory that was cherished so extensively yet, he didn't feel like it.

So why is it that his brothers' advice doesn't go through his thick skull?

Leo, don't do this, don't do that. Listen, Leo, it's not that hard.

The words seem to enter one ear and exit out of the other. He didn't understand why he wouldn't just listen to his teammates.

His brothers.

There's an immense distinction between his older brother and him in their time as leaders. As role models. Leon felt like those shoes were too large to fit in. For his father to suddenly assign him as the team's leader was alarming. Confusion, sure, but terror struck him like lightning in his body. He had felt the startling exposure of it as it burned his entire body and made him freeze up in a place as bright flashing lights ruined the memories of his life before.

Raphael handled the role well enough, but that's no surprise. He is the oldest of the Hamatos after all. The weight of an abnormal family was established on his young shoulders since they could all retain.

The rest of the three turtles are grateful for his job as an older sibling and leader, he was practically born with the talent he carried.

But Leo wasn't born for either of those roles. And he wasn't sure if he was even ready enough to bear them. He was carrying a heavy legacy and had to protect it no matter what. A machine gun was placed in his hands and suddenly he had the power in his palms. He was excepted to fight for his family like never before.

But that was never a problem for Leonardo. He knew well enough about sacrifice. To hell, survivor's guilt.

An unknown field was out there waiting for him, like before a deadly battle. Leonardo was on one side of the meadow and his opponent was on the other. Both are silent, waiting for the fire of their weapons.

His father had called for an attack.

"Leo, help me carry this box outta here, will ya?" He suddenly dropped his fork to the ground at his twin brother's voice. He hurried out of the dining room chairs and sprinted down the hall, sliding his bare feet across the ground.

"You called?" Leo asks.

Donatello drops a hefty cardboard box awkwardly as he wipes the dust off his violet hoodie. He had been wearing more restful clothing in the past couple of weeks due to the pressure Raph had been giving him on taking breaks. But still, it was strange seeing the hard-working softshell look peaceful in his own home.