vi. lion

"is that a hitman?"

Zoe was driving south like a mad woman. They had driven all the way to Maryland before they pulled for a rest stop, Blackjack was growing tired and they had slowed done tremendously.

Percy told him to land for him to catch his breath "Stay here. I'm going to scout." Cassandra wasn't sure whether he was talking to Blackjack or her but she nodded and sat down beside the pegasus.

When Percy came back, he was holding three water bottles and two muffins which he passed to Cassandra before giving Blackjack some water.

"Thanks. Did you steal these?" She asked him opening her muffin.

"Maybe" He said with a grin before climbing onto Blackjack and helping Cassandra up.

"Where are we headed?" She asked him.

"Washington D.C." He replied and Blackjack took off into the sky. Cassandra quickly looped her hands around Percy's waist loosely, trying to avoid touching him.

"Zoe and Thalia are still alive?" She asked

"Yeah. But they're both seriously considering murdering each other."

Cassandra shrugged. "They never go through with their plans." She sounded like she wished one of them would.

"So you said something about the prophecy mentioning you last night" He said, not knowing how else to bring it up.

She sighed, "Uh... yeah."

"What does that mean?" Percy asked her.

"You aren't the only one with a prophecy about you" She explained vaguely.

"So you have a prophecy?"

Cassandra stayed quiet for a moment.

Could she trust Percy? She felt like she could. But the last time she trusted a hero she had been stabbed in the back. Literally.

Percy had gone out of his way to bring her with him to crash the quest. And although she wasn't exactly friends with him she felt like she could trust him enough, seeing as they were going on a life threatening journey together. Plus he would find out soon enough when they had to break down the prophecy.

"I think so. Apollo thinks it's about me. It's called the Prophecy of Fate" Cassandra explained. "Which is why I wanted to go on this quest."

"Oh. That makes sense. I would want to go on a quest if it mentioned me" Percy said. Cassandra scoffed loudly.

"You want to go on every quest even if it says 'Percy Jackson cannot go' " She joked.

"Hey prophecies have double meanings! Maybe it means Percy Jackson absolutely must go on this quest."

Cassandra smiled slightly and rolled her eyes. "You heroes all love glory."

He shook his head. "I don't want to do it for the glory. I do it to keep my friends safe and protect camp. Glory is just an added perk."

"That's very noble" Cassandra told him.

He shrugged. "You know me. The brave, noble, awesome, irresistible,  handsome, Percy Jackson."

"Don't push it, Jackson. We're hundreds of feet up in the air and I have anger issues."

He laughed. Cassandra's stomach fluttered, but she convinced herself it was just nerves.

"Noted. But remember if you push me off, you'll fall off too. Who would help you keep your balance?

"Maybe I'll settle with giving you severe frostbite. Or turning you into an ice sculpture."