xviii. honesty

"I have done what I had to do... to make sure that my friends were safe."

Camp went late that summer. It lasted for two more weeks, right up until the beginning of the school year. And Cassandra couldn't deny that they were some of the best days of her life.

Grover had taken over the satyr seekers and was sending them out across the world to find unclaimed half-bloods. So far, the gods had kept their promise. New demigods were popping up all over the place—not just in America, but all over the world.

Cassandra and Percy had had a huge debate on whether they needed to build a Khione cabin.

Khione despised demigods, so she didn't have many children. As far as Cassandra knew, she had only had one other that was born a few centuries before her.

"It's a waste of labor and supplies" She argued. "Plus, I spend most of my time in the infirmary."

Annabeth joined Percy's side and created a few blueprints that were entirely made of ice. "See? You could practically make the entire thing by yourself."

The deciding factor was the ice sculpture of Hyperion. The gods must have transported it to the camp, because the day after they had defeated Kronos, it showed up in the middle of the woods. Cassandra guessed they had moved it to prevent the mortals from getting confused.

"We can put it in your new cabin" Percy had said with a grin.

That was when Cassandra had groaned and gave in. The Aphrodite cabin needed the space anyways with all the new campers popping up.

The cabin would be made of pure ice (that never melted, of course) with the floor covered with fluffy snow. They were only putting one bed in, which would take up most of the space. Annabeth had came up with a design for a beautiful chandelier made of ice crystals, and they would put Hyperion's sculpture in one of the corners.

She was staying in one of the extra rooms in the Big House while she finished up the cabin, since she could only work on small chunks at a time before she got too tired, or felt too sick.

"Everything just seems too good to be true" Cassandra commented, one night when her and Annabeth were having a sleepover. "I know it's pessimistic, but I just feel like something bad is going to ruin it."

"Very pessimistic" Annabeth told her, with her face still buried in her book.

Twilight, to be exact.

Cassandra was forcing her to read it, so that Annabeth could feel the same sort of torture she had felt while reading it.

"Oh, right" Cassandra said, finally remembering something. "I have good news."

"What?" Annabeth asked, glancing up.

"So I went around and conducted a survey" Cassandra began, "did you know that 40% of the campers here over the age of 14 are somehow apart of the LGBTQ+ community?"

"No" Annabeth said, not understanding. "I didn't know that. What does that have to do with anything?"

"Well... one of the people apart of that 40% is none other than Haven Moore" Cassandra explained with a huge grin.

"You're lying" Annabeth denied. "There's no way."

"Oh but there is" Cassandra said. "She's bisexual."

Annabeth blushed slightly. "Cool."

"Uh huh" She said with a knowing look. "Just remember Annabeth, I am an amazing wing woman."

"I don't need a wing woman" Annabeth said. "Now can we stop talking about this? I just got to the scene in the woods. With Edward."

"If you want" Cassandra said. "I guess I just won't tell you about how she's going to the same boarding school as you this year..."