viii. fine

"but if there's any chance... I should try"

Percy was about to explode. He was worried about Cassandra. Kronos' warning rang through his ears as he drove on his Yamaha FZI he had borrowed from a sleeping biker. 

"She doesn't have much time left."

He grabbed Will Solace from the Apollo Cabin, and told the rest of the Cabin Seven to keep searching for Micheal Yew.

He had never actually been inside the Plaza, but the lobby was impressive, with the crystal chandeliers and the passed out rich people. But he didn't pay much attention. A few of the Hunters gave them directions to the elevators and they rode up to the penthouse suites.

Demigods had completely taken over the top floors. Campers and Hunters were crashed out on sofas, washing up in the bathrooms, bandaging wounds, and helping themselves to snacks and sodas from the minibars. Although all alive, everybody looked beat up.

"Percy!" Jake Mason clapped him on the shoulder. "We're getting reports—"

"Not right now" Percy interrupted. "Where is she? Where's Cassie?"

"The terrace. She's alive, man, but..."

Percy pushed past him.

Cassandra lay on a lounge chair. Her face even more pale and beaded with sweat. 

He truly knew something was wrong when she shivered despite the blankets piled on her. Cassandra didn't shiver, because she couldn't get cold. 

Silena wiped her head with a cool cloth, Drew was putting some metal container down on the floor, her head turned in the opposite direction so she didn't gag. Annabeth was holding a straw to her lips, the cup filled with ice water.

Will and Percy pushed through a crowd of Aphrodite kids. Will unwrapped her bandages to examine the wound, the skin around the deep gash an ugly shade of green.

"Cassie..." He choked up. She had taken a knife for him. How could he have let that happen?

"Poison on the dagger" Drew muttered, rolling her eyes.

Cassandra smiled weakly. It made the migraine intensify but, it suited her I'm fine act. "Pretty stupid of me, huh?" She rasped out, her voice breathless and strained.

Will Solace exhaled. "Not horrible, Cassandra. A few more minutes and we would've been in trouble, but the venom hasn't gotten past the shoulder yet. Just lie still. Somebody hand me some nectar.

Annabeth placed the glass down beside her and grabbed a canteen. Will cleaned out her wound with the godly drink while Percy held Cassandra's hand.

"Ow!" She yelped. "Ow, ow" She was gripped Percy's fingers so tight, they turned purple, but she stayed still, like Will asked.

Silena muttered words of encouragement. Will put some silver paste over the wound and hummed an Ancient Greek hymn of Apollo. Then he applied fresh bandages and stood up shakily. The healing must've taken a lot. He looked almost as pale as Cassandra.

"That should do it" He said. "But we're going to need some mortal supplies" He grabbed a piece of hotel stationary, jotted down some note, and handed it to one of the Athena guys who had gathered with the crowd. "There's a Duane Reade on Fifth. Normally I would never steal—"

"I would" Travis volunteered.

Will glared at him. "Leave cash or drachmas to pay, whatever you've got, but this is an emergency. I've got a feeling we're going to have a lot more people to treat."