v. ghosts

"life isn't supposed to be easy"

Cassandra was distant that night. 

At dinner, she picked at her food, and barely talked. "C'mon, Cass. We know your nervous but you could at least answer my question" Silena said.

"Fine. I think that you would look horrible with bangs. Your forehead is way to small."

Drew nodded, giving her a high five. "Exactly my point!" She exclaimed, "Plus are you sure, Charlie would like them?"

Silena glared, "Your just jealous because you and Val are on an off period."

"Shut up. It was her fault. Apparently I'm too noncommittal, to be in a relationship" Drew grumbled, glaring at the crowded, Hermes table.

"You are noncommittal, Drew" Lacy, one of their younger sisters said.

Drew turned to her, "Shut up and eat your vegetables, Lace."

"But I don't like vegetables!" Lacy protested.

"Carrots give you night vision you know?" Cassandra lied pointing to the carrots on the girls plate.

"Really?"

"Yeah. I read it in a book, so it's totally real" Silena pitched in.

Lacy immediately began chewing her carrots. 

"So what are you worried about? You'll do fine" Silena assured. Cassandra nodded, she still hadn't told anyone that the lines about the Styx were about her.

"Just, thinking" She muttered. "About stuff."

"What about Percy? Have you talked to him lately?" Silena asked leaning in closer to her. 

"Uh, yeah. I talked to him at the council. Because we're you know, quest mates."

"I heard he and Annabeth were alone in Cabin Six today" Drew said from beside them.

Silena glared, "Don't listen to her."

But Cassandra was listening to her. Jealousy bubbled in her stomach as she stabbed a piece of lettuce.

She knew that Percy and Annabeth were best friends and that nothing was going on. Or at least she thought nothing was going on.

"It doesn't surprise me. They're best friends" Cassandra muttered.

"Sure. The lettuce you're taking your anger out on says differently" Silena teased.

"I will give you bangs while you sleep."

╰┈ ⋆。˚ ❀ *· 🌬 ࿐ ࿔ ˚:⋆ ✧・゚

That night, Cassandra knew she should be sleeping. Everyone knows that the night before you go on one of the most dangerous quests of your life, you sleep.

Because who knows when you'll be able to while on the quest.

But Hypnos seemed to decide she would be better off without it. Waiting for right before she needed to wake up to give her the sleep she desperately wanted.

On instinct she sat up and started making her way down the ladder of her bunk. Once again slipping on her shoes and exiting the cabin.

The waves were crashing against the shore, and the smell of salt water filled her senses, reminding her of something— or rather someone— that made her calm.

Percy.

But with thoughts of Percy came thoughts of the prophecy. 

Oaths on the River Styx were permanent. No one, not even the gods, would break one purposefully.