xi. losing hope

"we can't hold out another day"

There was silence around her. Somehow, it the midst of fighting Hyperion, Cassandra had completely forgotten about the rest of the battle going on around her.

"Cassie" Percy gently touched her shoulder.

"He's dead" She said firmly. "I did it. I killed Hyperion."

"I'm proud of you" Percy told her. "And you're sure that Hyperion is dead?"

She took a breath. "I should probably check. But I think I did it right."

"Did what right?"

"Made an ice sculpture" The blonde explained. "But it's been ages since I've done it, so I could be wrong."

Cassandra took a step toward Hyperion's sculpture and laid a hand on the chunk of ice. There was another moment before she turned back to Percy with wide eyes.

"Is he dead?"

He barely caught Cassandra's nod.

"It's solid ice. That means Hyperion is in Tartarus" Cassandra assured, stumbling back toward Percy, who caught her and helped stable her. "When he comes back to life, it won't be through this sculpture."

"You did great, Cass" Percy told her softly. "You need to rest though."

"I can't" Cassandra protested. "There's still an army here."

"I'll handle it" Percy assured her before turning to toward where the battle was occurring. He brought his fingers to his mouth and whistled.

Attention turned to where Cassandra stood tiredly by the sculpture of Hyperion, and the enemy forces began to slowly back up in astonishment.

One emotion that everyone had in common was shock. The second greatest Titan had been taken down by a fifteen year old girl, whose parent wasn't even an Olympian god.

The enemy began to retreat and the Athena Cabin let out a cry of celebration, Annabeth giving Cassandra a huge smile.

Of course, Kronos chose this moment to unleash his surprise.

"REEEEET!"

A squeal echoed through Upper Manhattan, both demigods and monsters freezing in terror.

"Don't tell me the stupid boar is back" Cassandra groaned, remembering their "blessing" from Pan in New Mexico.

"REEEEET!" A huge pink creature soared over the reservoir.

"A sow!" Annabeth yelled. "Take cover!"

The demigods scattered as the winged pig swooped down. Her hooves slammed into the ground, just narrowly missing an Athena camper. The pig stomped around and tore down half an acre of trees, before taking off again to look for another strike.

"Don't tell me that thing is from Greek mythology" Percy groaned.

"Sorry, bud" Cassandra said lazily. "The infamous, Clazmonian Sow. Back in the day it terrorized tons of Greek towns."