ix. history repeats

"hope does not leave without being given permission"

The rest of Cassandra's dreams taunted her. Like her mind knew what she had done and was showing her visions of her future punishment.

In one, the camp found out that she had joined Kronos and cheered happily as she was killed. Even her friends had joined in on the celebrations.

In another, it was Kronos who had found out and forced her to watch as Percy was killed.

And the worst one by far, was when she had somehow fallen under Kronos's spell, and put out Olympus's hearth. She had even kissed Ethan in it.

When she was finally released from Hypnos's grip, she was breathing heavily and her heart was pounding in her chest.

"Whoa, calm down Cassie" Her eyes focused on Thalia who was standing right above her. "It's just me."

"Sorry" Cassandra said. "Bad dreams."

Thalia gave her a look full of sympathy before clearing her throat. "Percy told me not to wake you up, but there's a Titan. He's under a flag of truce, and apparently has a message from Kronos."

Cassandra flinched at the name of the Titan lord. "Okay."

"He's demanding to talk to you. Annabeth's been trying to explain that you really aren't in the mood but he's not taking no for an answer. He said it's either him or Kronos. I figured it'd be a better idea to get you up."

She nodded and stood up, shakily. "Thanks, Thalia."

"How are you feeling?" Thalia asked.

"Fine" Cassandra said. Her shoulder was still really sore, and she knew that if she moved it to quickly it would hurt, but other than that she was fine. 

Kronos had gone through with his promise, and given her the cure for her curse.

She just hated the lengths she had to go to to get it.

"C'mon" Thalia said. "He's waiting downstairs with Annabeth, Grover, and Percy."

Cassandra nodded, and followed Thalia into the hotel.

╰┈ ⋆。˚ ❀ *· 🌬 ࿐ ࿔ ˚:⋆ ✧・゚

"Cassandra Regalia" A man's voice said as she and Thalia exited the hotel. "I'm very glad that you decided to join us."

"Didn't have much of a choice, did I?" She asked sarcastically, and went to stand next to Percy.

He chuckled darkly. 

Cassandra assumed that he must be the Titan. The only other people that were there from Kronos's army were a Hyperborean giant, an empousa, and a half-blood in Greek battle armor.

Percy was staring at the half-blood. "Hey, Ethan" He said. "You're looking good."

Ethan just glared at him.

"Now that Cassandra has joined us we can get down to business" The Titan interrupted, extending his hand to Percy. "I am Prometheus."

Percy seemed to stunned to shake his hand, so Prometheus moved on to Cassandra who hesitantly shook it.

"The fire-stealer guy? The chained-to-the-rock-with-the-vultures guy?" Percy asked.

Prometheus winced and touched the scratches on his face. "Please, don't mention the vultures. But yes, I stole fire from the gods and gave it to your ancestors. In return, the ever merciful Zeus had me chained to a rock and tortured for all eternity."